a pizza my heart ~ newtmas

"Okay Tommy, we've made the dough, now you've gotta spread the oil on the pan and I'll knead it," Newt took a lump of gooey dough out of the mixer, setting it on the flour-covered kitchen counter

"Okay Tommy, we've made the dough, now you've gotta spread the oil on the pan and I'll knead it," Newt took a lump of gooey dough out of the mixer, setting it on the flour-covered kitchen counter. Beside him, Thomas let out a huff, put down the recipe he was studying and went to retrieve the bottle of olive oil. 

He wasn't that great at cooking, often burning the things he made. Newt usually made dinner, or at least helped him with it. But this was pizza, how hard could it be?

"You just have to dump a small bit onto the pan and spread it around with this," Newt handed him a brush, "think you can manage, love?"

Thomas screwed open the lid, peering into the bottle and sniffed. He scrunched up his face and Newt laughed. Thomas picked the bottle back up and turned it upside down, pouring a pile of oil. He just hadn't expected it to come out so fast.

Newt turned back to his boyfriend when he let out a little screech, and Newt giggled at how adorable he looked. He was staring in horror at a large puddle of olive oil that was slowly spreading across the pan, a lot bigger than was needed. Thomas looked up at him, his cheeks pink, a thoroughly frustrated expression on his cute face.

 "Oh, Tommy. Give me the brush, I'll fix it. You knead," Newt took the brush from him and they traded places. Thomas began working the dough back and forth and Newt muttered under his breath. "Can't even pour some bloody oil."

"Hey! I heard that!" Thomas was trying hard not to smile as he pushed the dough back and forth.

"Good, I wanted you to hear it. Now roll that out so we can get it on the pan and then in the oven, yeah?"

Thomas did as he was asked and did it properly this time, finding a rolling pin easier to deal with than a bottle of olive oil. He hummed while he worked, and could see Newt staring out of the corner of his eye. He knew the boy recognized that he was singing their song, and Newt began singing along. Neither of them were very good, but then again, neither of them cared.

"Newt?"

"Yes, lovely?"

"You've got a pizza my heart." Thomas turned and winked at the blond boy before turning back to the dough. Newt blushed red and sprinkled more cornmeal onto the pan before they lifted the dough on, fixing the edges and smoothing it out.

"Now you put the sauce on and spread it around, I'll cut the ingredients." Newt went to the fridge and took out cheese, pepperoni, sauce and mushrooms.

"You really trust me to do this after the oil fiasco?" 

"There's never too much sauce, angel."

They poured and spread and shred and cut, sharing sweet smiles and the occasional kiss. Eventually Thomas finished with the sauce and helped Newt shred the cheese. They dumped their toppings into bowls, and when they were done, Thomas looked up at Newt expectantly.