goodnight call ~ newtmas

Tommy 👑 - pssstTommy 👑- pssst NewtTommy 👑- hey

Tommy 👑 - pssst
Tommy 👑- pssst Newt
Tommy 👑- hey

Thomas sighed, glancing to the clock. It was 3:03 am, and he hadn't gotten any sleep yet. It wasn't that he didn't feel tired or anything, he just couldn't find a good spot to get to sleep in. His phone dinged, and as he read the messages, he could imagine Newt with his fluffy blond hair all over, glaring and cursing at his phone for making him lose precious hours of sleep.

Newtie-cutie 💋- wtf do you want
Newtie-cutie 💋- its 3am you asshat
Newtie-cutie 💋- also if you haven't changed my name please do that I hate you

Thomas smiled at his phone. Newt was definitely something else, always pretending to be slightly pissed off. He hated the nickname Thomas had given him, but he kept it in his phone anyway, because it was funny.

Tommy👑 - I'm really tired and yet i can't sleep help

Newtie-cutie💋 - you're fine just watch a movie or smth

Tommy 👑- but that will make me even more awake

Newtie-cutie💋 - just go in bed and try to sleep and leave me tf alone

Tommy 👑- but Noooot

Newtie-cutie💋 - some ppl value sleep

Tommy 👑- not me lol

Newtie-cutie 💋- go away

Tommy 👑- you're cute when angry

Newtie-cutie💋 - and i care bc???

Tommy👑 - you're my bf and you need to pay attention to me duh

Newtie-cutie💋 - yes and you're my bf and you need to fucknig sleep

Tommy 👑- nice typo

Newtie-cutie💋 - idgaf

Tommy 👑- isn't that a song

Newtie-cutie 💋- omg
Newtie-cutie💋 - do you want me to sing you a lullaby just go to SLEEP

Tommy 👑- yes call me rn i won't be able to sleep without a lullaby now

Newtie-cutie 💋- i hate you

Thomas giggled and pushed his hair away from his face. He wiggled around in his bed and got comfortable before opening his phone again and dialing Newt's number. The older boy picked up on the third ring.

"Tommy, what the hell?" Newt's voice was husky and a bit scratchy, like he had just woken up. It was music to his ears, and if Thomas was standing, he would've fallen to his knees at how weak it made him.

"Sorry baby, I couldn't resist you." It was silent on the other end except for a muffled snort as Thomas took his phone away from his ear and put it on speakerphone, setting it on the pillow beside him.

"Yeah, and I can't resist sleep, so would you please let me go back to it?" Newt didn't sound at all upset though, just amused.

"You can't see over the phone but I'm pouting."

Newt laughed and Thomas grinned. It was silent for a few moments before Newt sighed.

"Tommy, I wish you were cuddling with me right now. So bloody much."

"Ugh, I know. I just wanna be wrapped in your arms under a blanket, but here we are." Thomas closed his eyes, trying to imagine the warmth of Newt pressed against him.

"If Sonya wasn't visiting, you'd be here right now." Newt was right. Thomas felt as though Sonya didn't really like him, and so he generally backed off when she visited from London. They became silent again, listening to the quiet white noise the line made. The two boys were often content with silence and just enjoyed each other's company.

Thomas could hear rustling as Newt shifted in his bed."I love you."

"I love you too, baby. You're not gonna hang up on me, are you?" Thomas felt himself frown even though Newt couldn't see.

"No, never. I just wanted to remind you, since I can't hold you."

"We should've facetimed so I could see you," Thomas sighed again. They saw each other yesterday and yet had become so used to sleeping together that they never could when they were apart. He heard Newt giggle, and then more silence.

"Tommy?"

"Hm?"

"You make me so, so happy, you know that right?"

"Honestly, you deserve much better than me, angel."

"Don't bloody put yourself down, its too late for that. Wait, would it be too early or too late?"

Thomas considered it for a second, "too late for me since I haven't fallen asleep yet."

"Love, you need to sleep. What's stopping you?" Thomas could picture Newt and his cute little concerned face, his cute little nose all scrunched...

"I don't know, it's like my brain won't shut off... and i can't get comfortable... and you're not here..."

"Oh Tommy, my sweet baby boy. I'm right here if you need me, try to sleep."

"Okay. I love you Newt," Thomas rolled onto his side, facing his phone. He pulled the covers up to his chin and let out a yawn. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight, Tommy. I love you too, and don't you forget, okay?"

"Okay." Thomas' eyelids felt heavy and slid closed, his breathing becoming even. Newt listened for a moment, also becoming comfortable to fall back asleep.

"Goodnight, angel."

When Thomas awoke, he turned on his phone to find a text from his love.

Newtie-cutie💋 - I hope you had a good sleep baby, Sonya leaves today, meet me for coffee later?

He grinned and began to text Newt back, a sleepy smile on his face.

~ ~ ~ ~

AN: Hey lovelies!

I hope you enjoy this one, it was super easy and fun to write!

I have a test tmo rip me, wish me luck

See you in the next chapter!