19'ZODIAC COUNCIL

“Do you really think you can beat me? You’re such fools.” And then, he extended his right hand sideward. Our eyes widened when we saw him already holding a Gate Key. “Gate of the Lion . . .” he started and a fiery-orange magic circle appeared from the tip of his Gate Key. “. . . I open thee . . .”

     “Zyke!”

     Narvya and Tron entered with their doors, stopping the worst scenario that might happen if the Spirit of Leo was summoned.

     “Zyke, put that down,” Tron ordered.

     We heard Zyke sighed and the Gate Key already vanished as he put his hand down. Agad namang bumalik ang marka ng liyon sa leeg niya.

     “All of you . . . to the Zodiac Council,” Narvya ordered leaving us all behind.

     “Zodiac Council,” Zyke summoned to his door at nilamon na siya nito. Agad naman kaming sumunod.

     Bumungad sa amin ang isang silid na parang arena but it wasn’t that big. Sakto lang ito’t nasa loob kami ng isang malaking bilog kung saan napapaligiran kami ng labindalawang mga upuan. Four of those seats were occupied by Narvya, Tron, Lorfia and Arda.

     “Who told you to use powers?” Bakas ang pagkdismaya sa mukha ni Narvya. “Who!” she insisted to ask. “Isn’t it prohibited to use powers? And the fact that you want to use it against your co-Bearers makes it more irritating.”

     “Zyke started it,” Drok uttered.

     “This isn’t about who started, Drok,” Lorfia said. “This is about all of you not becoming one.” She continued, “Now, Zyke. Who taught you to summon using your Gate Key?”

     Kuting did not answer.

     “She’s talking to you, Zyke,” Tron demanded.

     “My father, Loki,” he finally answered.

     “Next time, don’t use it against your co-Bearers. You should only use it against our enemies,” Arda cut in.

     “To all of you,” Narvya came back. “I don’t want myself seeing you with your powers against each other again. Is that clear?” she stated. “Is that clear?” she iterated.

     “Yes,” we assented.

     “Now, go back to your training rooms.” Then they already disappeared.

     I sighed. Napagalitan pa tuloy kami gayoong isa lang naman ang dapat masumbatan dito. “Training room,” I blurted to my door at tuluyan nang napunta sa gitna ng lake kung saan ako nag-train kanina. Napabuntong-hininga na lang ako and just sat down in an Indian way.

     Ito na naman tayo. Close your eyes and blah blah blah. I couldn’t find the exact way to inner peace. At kahit na ilang oras pa ako roon ay hindi ako magtatagumpay na maipasa ang training na ‘to. Kaya nang magbukas na ang pintuan ko’y tuluyan na akong pumasok dito papuntang Earth Signs’ room.

     “Kumusta?” Irgo asked nang makita niya akong nakahiga sa kama.

     “Wala. Wala pa rin. Can’t find inner peace.”

     Napatawa naman siya nang bahagya. “Me, too. How about you, ‘Ru?” he asked Taru but she just ignored us.

     “Oh, common, ‘Ru. We’ve been together for days. Don’t be too shy.”

     “Can’t find inner peace as well,” finally, she answered.

     “’Yan, you should be talking often, ‘Ru. By the way, your power is earth, right?” Irgo inquired, already slamming his body on his bed.

     “H’m.”

     Napaupo naman ako sa kama ko’t hinitay ang muling pagsasalita ni Taru, mukhang nakikipag-uusap na siya.

     “Xayl’ can use lightning, Adiya uses air, you can use earth while Kases can use water. So cool.”

     “Ano ba ang power mo, Irgo,” I tried to ask.

     “Accuracy.”

     “How does it work?”

     “Hard to explain but it just comes out depending on the situation.”

     “Ganoon ba?”

     “How about you?”

     Nagulat naman ako nang marinig iyon mula kay Taru. I didn’t expect it to hear. “Um . . . ano . . . I don’t have a power. Hehe.”

     “Aah,” Irgo agreed, remembering that I’m a Renewed Blood.

     “Then can you just cast some magics for us?” Taru.

     My eyes widened, my heart was already beating fast. What am I going to do?

* * *