14'RESSEMBLANCE

I opened my eyes and I never thought I’d see the Earth Signs’ marks on the ceiling.

     How did I get in our room? Ang natatandaan ko’y doon na kami natulog sa pinag-training-an namin. I let out a breath, then stood up—the heavy feeling inside me was still there but it wasn’t that much anymore than the first day—to already prepare myself nang bigla akong sitahin ni Taru. Napatingin naman ako sa kan’ya.

     She raised her brow. “Your bed sheets,” she said in sternly.

     I forced a short laugh. “Sorry.” Iniayos ko na lang ang kama ko. Naku naman, oh. Mahirap talaga ‘pag may nakasama kang taong cleanliness freak at mas’yadong mapagmatyag.

     I took my bath before eating my breakfast. After that, I already ready myself for another phase of the training. “Narvya,” I uttered the preceptor’s name.

     “Narvya,” rinig kong sambit ni Taru sa tabi ko. I now remembered that she’d also be one of the Bearers under Narvya.

     “Same preceptor, huh?” Irgo said at his door, “Tron,” and then already passed through his own. Pumasok na rin si Taru kaya pumasok na rin ako.

     Agad namang bumungad sa akin ang presensiya ni Con. “Hey, beautiful,” he greeted me and when he saw Taru beside me, his eyes twinkled. “Ehem! Hi, Taru.” But Taru just ignored him and just walked away from his way.

     Nagsidatingan naman sina Adiya at Xayluz. At nang makita nila ako’y lumapit sila. “Hi, ‘China,” Adiya greeted me with her beautiful smile which in return, I also replied with a smile.

     “Xayl’,” I blurted to him.

     He smiled at me. “Kumusta ka na?”

     “Kulang ang tulog.”

     “H’m. I guess Gemida and Suwan, too.”

     “Bakit naman?” Adiya asked.

     “Almost twelve in the midnight na kami nakatapos ng training,” I answered honestly.

     “Gano’n ba? We completed the training two days before the last day,” Adiya let us know with humbleness that was somehow merged with a little of boasting purpose.

     “Talaga?”

     “H’m. And I heard, the team of Zyke only made it in eight days.”

     My eyes widened. Eight of twelve days? Is that possible?

     “I also heard that,” Xayl’ agreed.

     Napakunot-noo naman ako. I couldn’t believe that their team only made it in eight days. Well, what could I expect? Drok, Taru and Con might be that persevered to complete their task. Siguradong malalakas ang mga ‘yon. But I wouldn’t beleive that the pussycat did the helping. Anak nga siya ng dating Bearer ng Leo but I doubt that he’s strong.

     A door opened from near at iniluwa niyon si Kuting. Nabigla na lang ako nang mahagip niya ako ng tingin. Agad ko naman siyang binigyan ng sharp look but it seemed like he didn’t care.

     “Good morning, Bearers.” Napalingun kami sa may-ari ng boses. “I am Narvya, the former Bearer of Cancer.” And when her eyes fell upon me, I was able to see how beautiful she was.

     A woman about forty’s. Had a long curly hair tied with a piece of green strip of cloth into a high ponytail. Her lips were carved with perfection; eyes were beautifully green and if you would look closely on her features . . . you would think she’s . . . me.

     My eyes widened for a minute. Our eyes locked with each other. I never thought I’d be asking myself but . . . why do I see resemblances from her? Ba’t . . . ba’t halos magkamukha kami?

     “You’re Racchina, right?”

     It took me a few seconds before I could answer. “H’m . . . of Capricorn Region.”

     “I did have acquaintances from your region. But it’s a long story. Anyway. You’re under my tutelage starting from now. . . .”

     “’China, you somehow look like her,” Xayl’ whispered beside me. At kung ‘di ako nagkakamali’y nakatingin sila sa akin.

     “. . . you will undergo mental training which will be helpful during the releasing of your nimbi. In other words, I’ll help you how to clear your mind—meditation. That’s what we’re going to do.”

     “Just that?” Con asked with a little brag.

     “Just? Be careful with the selection of your words . . .” she meant to trail off, wanting to ask for his name.

     “Con of Scorpio Region.”

     “. . . Con. I’ll tell you all, this is not easy as you think it is. It’s harder than your physical training, mind me.”

     “So, what are we waiting for?” Con challenged, making Narvya to be a little irritated.

     “Oh, Boy. Don’t be too excited. For this day, our goal is to fill up your minds with the Zoidion’s history.”

     “History?” Con blurted in disbelief.

     “Ugh! I hate History,” Adiya muttered to herself beside me.

     “But we know all of it already,” Taru cut in.

     “Yea. Taru and I already know it,” Con iterated, then glance at Taru before giving her a wink.

     “Shut up or you’ll end up dead,” Taru threatened Con in whisper.

     “Really . . . ?” Narvya asked, eyes were narrowing, telling us that she knew something we did not.

     “I wanted to learn more about the history of Zoidion,” I said in her presence. I said it with truthfulness. Napatingin naman silang lahat sa akin.

     “Then let’s start.”

     “Um, excuse me,” Adiya interrupted.

     “Yes?”

     “No chairs?”

     “Oh! Yea. No chairs. I expect you wouldn’t mind it anymore. You’ve gone physical training. I know you can hold on with it. So, let’s get back to work.” She turned around, and when she already faced us, the room was already covered with pitch black.

     “Centuries ago . . .” she started and then, the room was covered with twinkling dusts particularly green, white and yellow colors. “. . . there was only one constellation in the sky.”

* * *