9'XAYLUZ

Anak ng kambing! Ugh! Ang hirap talagang igalaw ang mga paa ko. Pa’no na ‘to? I don’t want to be the last. Hindi ko na nga magalaw ang katawan ko at this rate, pa’no pa kaya kung madagdagan pa?

     I glanced to my right and saw Adiya of Aquarius at her door already.

     “Narvya,” she uttered the preceptor’s name and then, her door already opened on its own. Agad naman siyang pumasok dito’t nawala na lang bigla ang pintuan niya.

     Halos maiyak ako. What am I going to do? Nangangalahati pa lang ako. Capricorn . . . you shouldn’t have chosen me, I complained.

     “Tron.”

     “Opoles.”

     I looked back and realized that we’re already three left. Me, Suwan of Cancer Region and . . . and . . . I didn’t know his name but he’s the Bearer of Sagittarius, the one who just smiled at me last night.

     “Ayoko na! Ayoko na! Suko na ‘ko! Cancer, where are you? Help me! I don’t want to be the last,” she cried knowing na mas nahuhuli siya kaysa sa amin.

     “It’s okay, Suwan. We can make it,” I cheered na siya namang kumuha ng atensiyon na. “You won’t be the last. I’ll wait for you. You can enter your door first. I’ll enter mine after you,” mahaba kong litanya.

     “Really? You will do it for me?”

     I nodded and gave her a tired smile.

     “But but, I’m a Cancer. . . . You’re not one of us.”

     I frowned. “Does it really have to be like that? Signs are just Star Signs. It’s not a basis for lending a hand.”

     Suwan smiled. Agad na siyang tumayo at sinimulang umusad ulit until she’s already at her door.

     “Racchina . . . thank you.”

     “You’re welcome, Suwan.”

     “Tron,” she already blurted the preceptor’s name. At agad na siyang nilamon nang tuluyan ng sariling pintuan.

     I drew a breath and let it out slowly and somehow smiled. I guess I’ll be dealing with the punishment? Naman, oh.

     “Keep your feet moving.”

     I turned around to see the face of the owner. It was him at his door already. Teka, ‘kala ko ba ako na lang mag-isa.

     “You won’t be the last. I’ll wait for you. You can enter your door first. I’ll enter mine after you.”

     I frowned. He just copied what I just said to Suwan.

     “It’s okay. Kaya ko na ang sarili ko.”

     “You can’t. I’m already at my door. You’re still five meters away from yours. I’m sure you won’t be able to bear another twelve kilograms.”

     I paused to think. He’s right. Pero, para naman yatang unfair ‘yon. “I’m a Capricorn,” I uttered.

     He chuckled―a little with what I excused. “Does it really have to be like that? Signs are just Star Signs. It’s not a basis of lending a hand.”

     I frowned again. Sinabi na naman niya ang sinabi ko.

     “Now, move.”

     So I already took a step and tried hard just to be at my door. At nang makarating na ako’y sobra’ng tuwa ko.