38'THE TACTICIAN

“Uh-oh!” Con, realizing that we just brought Taru our own enemies.

     Taru scowled at Con.

     “Sorry.”

     “’China,” she called me while she gave Con a disappointed look. “Kailangan niyong puntahan si Euai at si Adiya. They can fly. We have to get our Keys back,” Taru spoke, her voice was commanding. Napatingin naman ako sa langit at nakita kong napakalaki na ng magic circle sa itaas. “But before that, take Suwan, Irgo, Euai, and Drok away from the serpents attacking them. Papuntahan niyo sila sa akin or kay Zyke, Kases at Gemida. We’ll manage to defeat them while you plan on snatching the Keys back.”

     “H’m,” Con and I blurted in unison at mabilis na kaming tumakbo clockwise patungo sa kinaroroonan ni Euai.

     “Drok!” I called and ran toward him who was lying on the ground. Agad namin siyang itinayo.

     “Okay ka lang?” Con asked.

     “H’m. Kunting galos lang,” Drok answered but his voice was broken. Hindi rin kasi namin maitatangging masakit pa rin ang mga katawan namin.

     We already moved toward Adiya who was using an air whip to whack the serpents down.

     “Adiya, can you handle another two?” Con asked, then he already took us to Euai, passing Kases on his own.

     “Euai!” I called from below.

     She’s flying above, dodging every poison the black serpents were spitting out to her. At kita namin ni Con na nahihirapan na siya. “’China, Con,” she blurted and then she already descended.

     “Run!” Con yelled, then held Euai’s hand at itinakbo niya ito sa kinaroroonan ni Kases. I also ran on my own at hinintay na balikan ako ni Con which actually happened.

     “Kases,” Euai called while the two serpents were still trying to get up from Kases’ attack. Napatingin naman siya sa amin.

     “We got two more,” Drok said and Con already moved us to Irgo.

     Irgo was trying to dodge every attack the serpents were making. Hindi siya natatamaan ng mga ito, maybe it’s because he had an accuracy-power thingy. He knew where to place himself for him not be hit by the serpents’ dark balls of poison. He’s accurate in doing so.

     Con took us to Gemida who was already finishing the last serpent.

     “Gemida, can you take care of another four?” Con asked but before Gemida could protest we’re already in Suwan’s place.

     “Con! How dare you!” Gemida yelled from not afar, protesting but it was already too late. Her voice echoed so loudly na halos mabiyak ang ulo namin.

     “I was on the verge of asking if she can really handle it,” Con uttered.

     “Well now we know,” Euai blurted.

     “Suwan!” I hollered seeing Suwan plonked on the ground. Agad namin siyang nilapitan at tinulungang makatayo. Do’n lang namin napansing napakarami na niyang mga sugat.

     “We have to hurry up,” Irgo reminded and in three seconds, Con already managed to bring us to Zyke.

     “Zyke,” Euai called matapos nitong patumabahin ang dalawang serpente sa harap niya nang walang kahirap-hirap. “Can you handle th―” But before Euai could ask him to knock off the two approaching serpents, he already had done it in a cinch. “ . . . the serpents,” Euai continued sarcastically.