10'ELEMENTAL ROOMS

Start from the beginning

     I frowned. “Is it okay to use another door?” I asked because what if it’s not okay.

     “I don’t know. But we can try.”

     “What?” Euai was shocked. “A Capricorn through a Sagittarian door? I don’t think so.”

     “Let’s just try,” he said and then, I followed him toward his door. “To Earth Signs’ room,” he ordered after opening it. “Go on. And if you’re already there, just lock your door.”

     “H’m,” I assendted and already entered the room.

     A great light―as usual when one enters a room―greeted me. When it already faded agad naman akong sinalubong ng tingin ng isang lalaki at dalawang babae.

     Anak ng kambing! This is not the Earth Signs’ room! Why am I here in the Air Signs’? I turned around to pass back through Xayl’s door pero wala na ito. I then sighed. What am I going to do?

     “You’re Racchina . . . right?”

     I slowly turned around to see the owner of the voice. It’s the girl beside me at the gala. She must be the Bearer of Aquarius, Adiya.

     “Y-yes,” I responded.

     She lifted an eyebrow but after sometime staring at me, she smiled. “I’m Adiya of Aquarius Region,” she introduced while still sitting on her bed. “He’s Drok of Libra Region and Gemida of Gemini,” pakilala niya sa babaeng nasa kama nito next to Adiya.

     Napatingin naman sa akin si Gemida na busy sa pagma-manicure at binigyan ako ng napakasamang tingin. She lifted an eyebrow and unlike Adiya doing it, Gemida’s was far more dangerous than hers.

     She spoke, “You’re a Capricorn. You shouldn’t be roaming around in an Air Signs’ room.”

     “Um . . . I just passed through a Sagittarian door and it led me here.”

     “You were in a Fire Signs’ room? Goodness!” she said every word as if each ended a period.

     “Look. I’m sorry if I interrupted you, I just . . . I just want to go back to my room,” I said honestly. Having myself interact with another Signs gave a chill down my spine. It felt uncomfortable.

     “Then you should have used yours,” Drok cut in.

     “It’s a long story,” I answered. Nakita ko naman ka agad ang pagtayo ni Adiya.

     “Don’t worry. You can use my door,” Adiya offered, already walking toward her door. “To Earth Signs’ room,” she summoned.

     “You, Aquarian,” Gemida caught Adiya’s attention. “Do you think your door can help? She’ll just be teleported to another room just like what happened to her a little while ago.”

     “At least we’ll try,” she said over her shoulder, voice was in between erudition and kindness.

     “Duh!” Gemida rolled her eyes after an audible snort. After that she already went to sleep.

     “’China,” Adiya called so I already passed through her door after thanking.

     “Racchina!” A familiar voice called my name, and when the light disappeared, I saw Suwan on her bed, smiling. She then stood up and ran toward me, hugging me tight. “What are you doing here?” she asked excitedly while I couldn’t try to smile completely. The thought that I’m still in a wrong room, in a Water Signs’ room made me sad.

     I think I’m not that lucky today.

     “Mistakenly teleported with different doors,” I uttered with bitterness, assuring that a forced short laugh would come next to my statement.

     “Where’s your door?”

     “In the Fire Signs’ room.”

     “Really? You’ve been there?” asked by one of the guys behind Suwan.

     I nodded.

     “I’m Kases of Pisces Region,” he introduced.

     “And I’m Con of Scorpio Region but you can call me . . . Yours,” he said, pouting his lips, eyes squinting just to try to get me with his tricks.

     I frowned as he winked at me. Naiinis ako sa presensiya niya. So I switched my attention back to Suwan. “May I use your door so I can get back to my room?” I asked.

     “Sure.” Then she led me to the other end of their room where there were three doors. One of them was hers.

     “Goodbye, Racchina,” that Con said with a perverted smile. Agad naman akong nairita.

     I don’t like him. Kawawa naman si Suwan dito.

     “Thanks, Suwan,” I thanked.

     “To Earth Signs’ Room.”

     Then and thre, I already passed through. At sa wakas! I’m back in the Fire Signs’ room? Anak ng kambing!

     Agad naman akong binati ng kunot-noo ni Leo? “You, again?” a lion roared.

* * *