Chapter 16

Shayne:

"Tonight is the night" I told Damien.

"Are you sure?" He asked putting down the controller.

"Yeah, I have it all planned out" I said.

"I'm going to make dinner before she gets here so when she arrives we'll have a candle lit dinner" I said.

"Lemme see the rock again" Damien said.

I fished around in my pocket and pulled out the ring box. I opened it and showed Damien a diamond filled ring.

"Dude that thing is shiny" He said.

"Is it? Do you think I went too fancy?" I asked nervously.

"It's perfect, she'll love it" He said.

"I hope so" I said.

"So you're gonna cook dinner, that's it?" He said pretending to be unimpressed.

"After dinner I'm going to take her to our favorite ice cream place and then walk on the beach before popping the question" I said.

"Dang dude, that's a big step" He said.

"I know but I think I'm ready for it" I said.

"Well I think I'm going to head home so you can get started on your plan" Damien said standing up.

"You sure? Not because you're losing at Smash?" I teased.

"I detest the results" He said.

"Mhm" I said smirking.

Damien said his goodbyes and left me to my devices. It was only 2:30 p.m. so I had about three hours until Olivia got home. I already had a recipe picked out. Here's hoping this night goes well.

Time skip...

"Something smells good" Olivia said locking the front door behind her.

"I hope you like it, I made your favorite" I said.

Olivia set her bag down and came into the dining room. I already set the dining room table for us.

"Ooh la la, so fancy" She said sitting down.

I brought the food from the kitchen and set it down on the middle of the table before lighting two cinnamon candles.

"What no flowers?" She joked.

Damn, why didn't I think of that?

"I just wanted to have a nice relaxing dinner tonight" I said.

Olivia smiled and squeezed my hand as I sat down next to her. I cut up the meat and placed it on plates next to white rice. I was pretty impressed with myself to be honest. It was very good, Olivia seemed to enjoy it too.

"It's delicious" She said in-between bites.

"Thanks" I said before taking another bite.

During dinner the conversations flowed smoothly. We discussed sketch ideas, Olivia's new videos for her channel and other things. After we had our fair share of dinner I began to clear off the table.

"So I was thinking" I said putting the dishes in the sink.

"Yeah?" Olivia asked blowing out the candles.

"What do you say to getting ice cream from Geronimos?" I asked.

"Have I ever turned food down?" She said smiling.

"Great, lemme finish up and then we'll go" I said.

Olivia planted a kiss on my cheek before going to the bedroom presumably to get changed. It was a pretty cold night so I threw on a jacket and some sneakers.

"Ready?" I asked as Olivia came out to the living room.

"Yeah just let me grab my phone" She said.

As we left I shut the door behind us. It was a short drive to Geronimos but it was still pleasant. Olivia held my hand the whole car ride. At Geronimos I got a coffee ice cream cone and Olivia went with coconut.

"Walk with me?" I suggested nodding towards the beach.

"Always" Olivia said.

As we walked on the beach we enjoyed our ice cream. Somehow even in the cold the ice cream was melting. At one point the chill from the ocean breezed by us again. After we finished our cones, I threw the napkins in the trash and continued to walk on the beach with her. Sensing now was the time I pretended to drop my phone. Olivia stopped to wait but I told her to go ahead. When she was a little bit away I pulled the ring box out of my pocket and opened my phone. I sent her a text to turn around. Hopefully her phone wasn't on mute.

"Shayne?" She said turning around not realizing at first.

Once she saw me on one knee her eyes went wide.

"Oh my god!" She said.

"Olivia" I began as she was in front of me.

"Since the moment I met you, I knew you were the one, you were it for me, I saw our whole future" I said.

Tears began to fall down her face.

"This past year and a half has been the best time of my life, you complete me, will you please do me the honor of marrying me?" I asked opening the box and showing her the ring.

Olivia stood there crying with her hands over her mouth. After a few seconds of her not saying anything I got concerned.

"Liv?" I asked.

She looked down before looking back at me.

"Did I do something wrong?" I asked.

"I-... Im-..." She struggled to say.

"Liv?" I asked again concerned.

"I'm-...... I'm pregnant" Olivia finally blurted out.

"Wait..... what.." I said confused.

Fin.

--------------------------------------------------------- Thank you guys so much for reading this story!! 💓💓 Sorry to leave you on a cliffhanger but just know I'm working on a sequel! It will be out soon along with another book (Shaylivia | Instagram)! 💓❤️ Again thank you for reading this story, I enjoyed writing it so much and I hopes you guys loved it!!