Chapter 10

Olivia:

My phone buzzed again letting me know I got another message. It was probably Shayne again. He's been texting me ever since our fight yesterday. I didn't know if I wanted to forgive him yet so I'd been ignoring all his texts and trying to focus my mind on other things. It didn't help that he kept texting every other hour trying to apologise. By noon today I already had 20 unread messages from him. I left my phone in my room while I went to make lunch for myself. Sadly when I got to the fridge I realized I had forgotten to go grocery shopping so I didn't have anything to make. Oh well, time to order something. I placed an order for pizza before turning on my TV and sitting down on the couch. I changed the channel to National Geographic and watched some show about Lions. Half an hour later there was a knock on my door.

"One sec" I said getting up.

I grabbed some cash to pay the delivery guy with from my purse and went to the door. As I opened the door I looked down at the cash again to make sure I had enough.

"Pizza for Olivia?" The voice said.

"Yeah that's me-" I started to say looking up.

"Hey" Shayne said.

"Shayne!? What are you doing here!? And with my pizza??" I said startled.

"I came to apologise once again" He said.

"How did you know I ordered pizza? Are you stalking me!?" I asked.

"No no no, I was on my way down the hall to apologise when I ran into the pizza guy who was also coming here, I gave him some money and told him I'd deliver it" Shayne said.

"So you stole my pizza?" I said raising an eyebrow.

"I knew you wouldn't see me if you were still mad at me so I improvised" He said.

"I don't want to talk right now" I said grabbing my pizza and walking away from the door.

That wasn't completely true. I did want to talk to him about what happened. That's why I left the door opened as I walked away. I opened the box of pizza while Shayne walked in the room and closed the door behind him but stood close to the doorway prepared to leave.

"How many times do I need to apologize?" He asked.

"I don't know, maybe a couple more times" I said sarcastically.

"I'm sorry" Shayne said.

"Why was it such a big deal to you?" I asked turning to look at him.

"I just.. I don't know, I guess I just didn't want you to have to deal with something like that by yourself" He said.

"But Shayne I wasn't the one who was pregnant" I reminded him.

"I know and I feel like such an idiot for not asking you about it the moment it happened" He said regretfully.

"How did you even find out about it?" I asked.

"It fell out of your purse one day" He admitted.

"You know I wouldn't lie to you Shayne" I said.

"I know and I'm such a complete tool for thinking you would" He said.

"Hmph" I scoffed.

"I just wanted to come over and apologize before letting you know that I completely understand if you never want to talk to me again" Shayne said before turning to the door.

"Shayne...." I said.

He stopped and turned to look back at me again.

"That's going to pretty hard seeing as we still work together" I said with a slight smirk.

"I know, it's cool if you don't wanna work with me, I'll tell Ian tommorow" He said.

"Shayne...." I said again.

"It's fine" He said.

"That's not what I meant" I said.

"I know, I'm- wait what?" He said confused.

"Come here" I said patting the seat on the couch next to me.

Shayne hesitated before coming over and sitting down next to me. There was a moment of awkward silence before I spoke.

"I forgive you" I said.

"You do?" He asked.

"Of course I do, I can't stay mad at you forever over a misunderstanding" I said.

"Thank you" Shayne said.

"But next time we have to talk about these things" I said.

"I know, next time I'll ask you before assuming" He said.

"Good, now that that's over, I have some pizza to eat" I said.

"Ok" Shayne said getting up.

He was halfway to the door when I spoke up.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"I thought you wanted me to leave?" He said.

"If you leave who's going to help me finish this pizza?" I said smiling.

Shayne smiled and came back over to the couch and grabbed a slice of pizza. I gave him a peck on the cheek before grabbing my own slice of pizza.