Episode 3: Replayed Meeting

"Hey, cookie. How was school?"

" . . ."

"What's wrong?"

" . . . "

"Come on, that won't do you any good. Come here."

" . . . Momma?"

"Yes?"

"I'm mad."

"Why?"

" . . . People are so mean. The boy in my class laughed at me."

"He did?"

"Mhm. He said I wasn't a real sky elemental 'cus I couldn't fly. He said my wings are nothing and that I . . . I . . . Momma, he just laughed at me and so did everyone else."

"Oh, cookie . . ."

" . . . Is it bad that I wanted to do something bad to him?"

"Like what?"

" . . . Like this . . ?"

". . . Cookie, I understand why you're mad, but you can't fight fire with fire."

"But I'm not using fire. It's dark magic."

"What I mean is, there's a better way to this. You just have to keep your head up and don't let it get to you. It's only what the boy thinks; he doesn't know the real you."

"What should I do then?"

"For now, you should let all that anger out. When I'm mad, I go to a very lonely place and just scream."

"Why would you do that?"

"It makes me feel better. It might make you feel better too."

"Oh, okay."

"Want to try it, Silkver?"

"Okay."

~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~

"Could you believe what happened to the poor trees, Soni?"

"Huh?"

It was morning of the next day. This morning, Soni happily decided to invite Xia for breakfast at the fly. He was feeling suddenly lonely even with Karu and Silkver's presence so he had turned to Xia. He and her had been friends for a long time so it wouldn't be awkward, right?

Luckily, he was right. They could talk comfortably to each other. But this particular morning, Xia couldn't seem to stop talking at all. She kept switching subject to subject and was now was talking about trees. Soni stirred his coffee slowly as he listened to her.

"Oh, haven't you heard? Of the strange area of dead trees?"

"Strange area of dead trees?" Soni echoed blankly.

Xia nodded. "One of the city guards noticed many forest critters coming out of the woods last night and went to investigate. That's when he found the spot with dead trees."

"Really?"

"Yes! And it's near here too. Right where you live."

"Can I see?"

Xia pulled out a small tablet that she mainly used for writing (I forgot to mention that she is a journalist) and opened a digital map. She scrolled over to the area around where the Starlites lived.

"So this is where we both are right now, right?"

Soni nodded. Xia then scrolled a little to the left where the woods were. There was a little exclamation marker in the area.