Mount Olympus

Jason gave his girlfriend, Piper, a quick kiss before joining his father.

Zeus used the winds to carry the two of them up to Olympus, where he showed Jason the many sights of the city. Jason made a comment whenever one was needed but otherwise stayed quiet. Eventually, the King of the Gods noticed his son's silence.

"What's wrong?" Zeus sighed, stopping.

Jason looked up at his father's regal face, "I'm just trying to process it all".

"Hmm," Zeus mumbled, nodding, "And what else?".

"I've been trying my whole life to convince people to treat me like everybody else and not some high and mighty prince".

"You do realise that they won't?" Zeus asked.

"Yeah, but I was starting to become just another Demigod, and then I'm told that I'm to become the new King of the Gods".

Zeus just sighed again before continuing the tour. Afterwards, he took Jason to a balcony that overlooked the world below them.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom, Jason thought as he looked down at all the tiny people going about their lives, completely oblivious to the massive city that floated above their heads.

"What would happen if the Mist ever failed and the mortals found out about us?" Jason asked his father.

"If I had to guess, I would say mass panic, Demigods either killed and experimented on and the fall of Olympus. Eventually, the humans would discover the Divine metals and craft weapons of war to fight both monsters and God alike...or they might realise that it is in their best interest to combine modern technology and Divine magic and work with us and not against us. Either way, I know that religions would crumble and the Underworld would overflow with souls".

"So...basically the end of the world" Jason summed up cheerfully.

"Maybe the end of both worlds," Zeus said, "But it would definitely be a changed world".

After their heartwarming conversation, Zeus took Jason to the throne room.

"A King should know what his throne feels like," Zeus told his son, handing him the Master Bolt.

Jason took the most powerful weapon ever and walked to the throne. When he sat down, thunder and lightning roared in the sky above as the weight of the world settled onto Jason's shoulders.