Tyler Griffith

Power: Invisibility

Date: Friday, August 2nd

Time: 6:47 pm

Location: Mainstreet Cafe

...

My shoulders hung low and my eyes were in a glossy haze. I stared down at the cup of coffee steaming on the table in front of me. I heard the bell at the door chime as someone walked inside

"Tyler..."

My head popped up. Alana stood there, her skin flushed and pale and her eyes in that same glossy haze of mine. She had on a white shirt with black jeans and a blue flannel tied around her waist. Her hair was in a side braid, curling over her shoulder. I furrowed my eyebrows and motioned her to sit with me.

She sat beside me, tears near spilling of her eyes.

"I miss her too." I placed a gentle hand over hers and she sniffles and wiped her eyes.

"I broke up with Noah." She gazed down in her lap as the words rang through my head.

"Why?" I asked, squeezing her hand.

"I don't deserve him..." she choked. "He doesn't deserve a mess like me."

"Don't say that, Lana!" I hissed. She looked up at me, her eyes red and purple. I pulled her into my arms and squeezed her. She cried into my shoulder and then quickly pulled away.

"I have to go..." she muttered. She stood up as quick as she had said those words and left.

I stood and walked after her, leaving a tip in the table. I walked out the door and saw her bent over a tree, throwing up.

She stood up and walked down the sidewalk, away from me.

"Alana!" I called after her. She kept walking. I jogged up behind her and grabbed her shoulder. "Lana..."

She looked me in the eyes before her knees crumbled from beneath her and she slid into my arms. She was thin like when she was in the hospital before with anorexia. I sighed and picked her up, my right arm under her knees and my left arm on her back.

The clubhouse was closer than my house so I took her to the clubhouse.

I carried her down the hall and into the room I laid her on the bed. Her skin was ice cold. I tucked her under the covers and went down to the kitchen. By the time I got there, I could barely breathe. I coughed and choked as I grabbed a glass from the cupboard and filled it with water. I chugged it and I could breathe again. I was still breathing heavily but I had no idea what had happened. I filled a pitcher with water and grabbed Alana a glass.

I brought it upstairs and when I opened the door, Alana was getting out of my bed.

"Whoa, whoa." I set the pitcher on the side table as she walked to the door and stuck my arm in front of her. I stood in front of the door, blocking her way out.

"Tyler, let me out," she demanded. "Why am I here?"

"You're not leaving." I said, crossing my arms. "You collapses in my arms, lay down."

"I... I did?" She furrowed her eyebrows.

"You did." I nodded. "Lay down and drink some water."

She fumbled with her braid as she turned around and sat on the bed. I poured her a glass of water and handed it to her. She drank it, a little at a time.

I sat beside her, looking into her eyes. "Are you alright?"

"I don't think so..." she sniffled. "I think I have was killed Kitty."