Alana McLaren

Power: Shape Shifting, Telekinesis, Precognition, telepathy, teleportation

Date: Thursday, July 26th

Time: 9:09 am

Location: Alana's house

Summer Vacation

(Listen to the song 'Like That' by Bea Miller and just think of Alana, ie even the whole HH book)

...

I stretched and opened my eyes only to close them to shield myself from the bright sunlight flooding through my windows. It was first sunny day in days.

"Good morning, sunshine," Noah whispered to me from where he lay in the bed.

"Literally," I smiled, rubbing my eyes. Noah chuckled and pulled me over to him.

I opened my eyes from where I lay in his arms. He smiled down at me and I giggled.

"What?" He asked, running his hand down my back.

"Nothing," I looked down, "How long have you been watching me sleep?"

"All night," He snorted. I looked up at him, burrowing my eyebrows, "Kidding!"

I laughed and hit his chest with the force I could gain considering the little bit of separation there was between us.

"Hey, ow!" He laughed. He got on top of me and began to tickle me in the stomach.

"Noah!" I laughed, trying to push him off, he would stop.

He kept tickling me and I squealed.

He leaned down and kissed my neck. His hands went from tickling my stomach to running up the sides of my arms.

He kissed up my neck and my jawline and I smiled.

I pressed my hands against his chest and giggled.

"What?" He pulled away from me and looked down into my eyes.

"I love you." My voice was soft and raspy like a bike riding over a dirt trail.

His lips spread into a sly grin.

"I love you, lana," He stared into my eyes with affection. His eyes were a bright green but the longer I stared at them, the more I noticed about them.

Little flecks of gold sprouted from his pupils. He looked down at my freckles and as he looked back up to my eyes, his flickered a deep gold. The green of his eyes wasn't green for just a split second. But then it was again.

"What was that?" I asked, looking back and forth between his eyes.

"What was what?" He chuckled softly, falling down beside me in the bed.

"Your eyes," I gave him a small half smile, "They turned gold."

"Gold?" He furrowed his eyebrows and kept smiling.

"Just for a second," I shook my head lightly and furrowed my eyebrows.

We stayed like that for a few more lovely seconds in silence.

"We should probably get up," I whispered through a little grin.

"Yeah," His voice dragged out in a gravelly tone.

But we didn't move. We continued to stare into each other's eyes, stupid smiles locked on our lips.

He broke the staring contest by leaning in and pressing his lips to mine for a short pleasant moment.