Tyler Griffith

Power: Invisibility

Date: Friday, July 26th

Time: 11:45am 

Location: Tyler's house

Summer Vacation

...

My head pounded as light seeped through my eyelids. I covered my eyes with my hands and sat up. I heard muffled cries. 

I opened my eyes only to find Devin curled up on my beanbag. Kitty was gone. 

I looked at my side table only to find a couple empty beer cans. Oh yeah, we got drunk. Really drunk.

I pushed my blanket off of my legs and stood up, my head still throbbing like I a second heart.

I knocked on my bathroom door and the sobs came to a stop.

"Uh, o-occupied." Kitty's trembling through the door.

"Kitty, let me in." I leaned against the door, my knuckle tapping the door lightly. 

There was a moment of silence and I heard the lock unlatch. I stepped back before the door opened.

Kitty stood before me, black tears streaking her cheeks. 

"Can I come in?" The front of my eyebrows lifted slightly. 

Kitty just sniffled and stepped back a little, removing her arm from the door so I could walk in.

I sat on the counter and she slid down the wall and sat on the floor. She linked her arms and rested them on her knees. 

I didn't realize until she did that how odd she looked. 

The bags under her eyes were a redish-violet and her skin had an odd, pale tint that almost looked green. 

She lifted a shaky hand and ran it through her hair. 

"Are you okay?" I finally muttered. She shook her head and squeezed her eyes shut. "Hangover?"

She shook her head again, "I know hangover, this isn't hangover." Her voice was raspy and small. 

"Then what is it?" I pressed my lips into a grim line and looked at her.

"I... I don't know," Her voice quivered. She took and deep breath in and swallowed. Her face flushed white and sweat dripped from her forehead. 

She leaned over to the toilet and vomited into it, making me cringe. 

"You sure it's not hangover?" I said, looking the other way, my eyes squeezed shut and my nose scrunched up to match.

She pushed away from the toilet and slid back against the wall, one leg remaining bent and the other straight. 

Blood dripped from her nose and the corner on her mouth.

"Wait, are you-" I hopped off of the counter and took her face in my hands. I looked between her eyes, there was a red ring around her iris, "Fuck."

"What?" She pulled her face away from me and wiped her mouth. 

"We need to get you to Dr. Kim," I said, wiping the sweat from my forehead. 

"No, I'm fine," Kitty groaned. 

"You're vomiting blood!" I gesture to the back on her hand where she had wiped it. "Your skin is green, you have bright purple bags under your eyes, your eyes have a red ring around the iris!"

"Well shit," She leaned her head back against the wall and the blood dripping from her nose started dripping back to her cheek.

I grabbed a tissue off of the counter and wiped her nose with a sigh.