Bella Fransua

Power: Precognition

Date: Thursday, July 26th

Time: 2:12 pm

Location: Herrin Park, Everdale
(the park by Bella's house)

Summer Vacation.

...

Alex and I walked side by side, chattering like chimps as we made our way to the park.

"So your sister ignored you," I laughed, recalling the story he shared just moments before.

"For about two or three months," Alex chuckled, nodding his head just the slightest, "All because so told my parents that she had a boyfriend."

"That's ridiculous," My hands slid over my stomach as I laughed again, my head tilting back as I did so.

"That's my sister," Alex  chortled.

We kept walking for a few minutes in silence before I noticed something tapping at the back of my head like a name that you couldn't quite remember.

Something about the day just seemed so... different.

"Maybe we could head to the Coffee House later," Alex suggested, breaking the dim silence.

"Why not go now?" I asked, my head tilting in the general direction of the little building.

"I have something to show you, but If rather do it in a  not so uh," he paused for a moment, collecting his thoughts, "public."

The ticking in the back of my head became stronger and I looked him up and down.

He was wearing that green button up I'd seen in my vision with his dark blue jeans and white vans.

He was about to tell me about his powers.

Finally.

"Okay," I acted as if I didn't know what he was going to tell me, to make it easier on him.

We walked a little further and sat down on the bench. I prepared myself for what was to come.

"So, what'd you have to tell me?" I ran my hands up and down my legs.

Alex hesitated. He ever so slightly bit his lip. I could feel the tension building up inside of him and I furrowed my eyebrows at the sight of this.

"I'm, this is gonna sound a little shocking," He looked down at his hands, I followed his gaze.

I watched as his hand seemed to disapear into the bench.

I looked back up at him, my lips pressed into a grim line as I flipped over the different options in my head of telling him I already knew.

"I know," I said to him finally.

His hand became fleshy and real again as he drew back in confusion.

"What?" His hands were pulled back and far from me.

"I can see into the furture." A little smile appeared on my lips and his shoulders relaxed.

"You have a power too?" His hand rested back on the bench and he leaned a little closer in anticipation.

"The day we met, I had a vision of this very moment," I said, my eyes darting between his.

"Why d idnt you say anything?" The tips of his eyebrows curled upward.

"I learned long ago not to mess with reality." I looked down at my hands, "I feels like there is a force of me that whenever I try to change the present to effect the vision I just can't. It's like something is stopping me."