Yugi Muto vs Joey Wheeler part 1

"This final play-off match between Yugi Muto and Joey Wheeler will not only determine who wins the tournament, but also who wins a match with Mr. Maximillion Pegasus." Croquet announced to everyone. 
'I have to win that match with Pegasus. I have to stop him, and save my grandpa.' Yugi thought, tensely. 
'I have to win this, for Serenity.' Joey thought, also a bit tense as well. 
"Who would have guessed that out of all the Duelists who started in this tournament, two best friends would wind up in the final match?" Bakura asked, confusedly. 
"Yeah, this is definitely harsh. But at least one of them's gonna get a chance to take on Pegasus." Tristan replied, in agreement. 
"I guess you're right. But don't you think it'd be easier if they just flipped a coin or something? Then we could get our match with Pegasus now." Tea asked, tensely. 
"I don't think that it works that way, Tea." Tristan replied. 
"Well, why doesn't it?" Tea asked defiantly, before she gasped. 
"Yugi and Joey are like brothers! They shouldn't be forced to fight each other like this!" 
"I totally hear what you're saying, but it's just how this tournament works." Tristan replied, calmly.
"Well, I don't like it!" Tea snapped back. 
"Neither do I, Tea, but I guess they have no choice." Jill sighed. 
"Joey, wait a sec." Yugi spoke up.
"Listen, Yug. I hope this isn't about you having any second thoughts dueling me." Joey said sharply, which made Yugi surprised. 
"Come on, pal!" Joey snapped. 
"I'm sorry, Joey, but I don't know if I can do this." Yugi said, a bit conflicted. 
"Ah, suck it up, Yugi!" Joey shook his head, which made Yugi surprised so he looked up to face him. 
"You said it yourself. If it came down to us, we both just play our best and most honorable duel. That's the only way we're gonna really know which one of us is best prepared to take on Pegasus in the final match! So let's duel!" 
Now Yugi started getting really determined, 'Ok! Maybe Joey is right, I may not want to do this, but still, it has to be done if we want to beat Pegasus.' 
"What do you say, Yug? Let's do this thing!" Joey asked, before Yugi suddenly changed into Yami Yugi. After that, he boldly nodded his head and spoke in a serious tone. 
"All right, Joey. Time to duel!" 
"Your gracious host will now make a few opening remarks." Croquet announced, before Pegasus stood up from his chair to make some announcements. 
"Congratulations, Duelists! You're the finest in the world, and for that reason, I look forward to a match that's sure to consist of your dueling best. After all, should you give me anything less? I will know." 
Yami just trembled in anger as he heard Pegasus chuckling. 
"Yugi, before we start, I just want to say thanks, man." Joey thanked Yami, which surprised him. 
"Just look at me! I'm in the final match of the biggest Duel Monsters tournament that's ever been thrown, and it's all cause of you, bud. You got me here. You looked out for me." 
"You're wrong, Joey. You earned your place here." Yami corrected, boldly. 
"Thanks, pal. Just know that no matter what happens here, you're my friend, and you always will be, Yug. But uh... Don't think that means I'm gonna go easy on ya in this match, or that I expect you to go easy on me. I'm ready for your best." 
Then Joey grinned and shouted with determination, "So let's do this!" 
Yami just boldly nodded in agreement. 
Just then, Bakura was thinking while he watched Yami and Joey intently, 'I don't think Pegasus has to worry much about these two not dueling their very hardest. But what's on the line here, they're both sure to go all out.' 
'All right, Joey, you asked for my best. I intend to give it.' Yami thought, in determination. 
'Yugi, I won't insult you by giving ya anything less than my all. I'm gonna come at you hard right from the start.' Joey thought, with the same level of determination. 
As Yami and Joey still faced each other, all they did was remember the times on how they were always best buddies. But now since they were going to duel each other, it was going to be a little harder for the both of them. 

"Let the match begin!" Croquet announced, before both Yami and Joey shouted together.
"Let's duel!"
Then Yani pulled out his first card and announced, "I'll throw this in attack mode!"
"Bring it!" Joey snapped back, as Yami placed his card down in front of himself and summoned his monster. 
"Go, Celtic Guardian!" 
Then Celtic Guardian appeared on the field. Joey just grinned at his presence. 
"You know it was one thing that Joey and Yugi had duels back home and there wasn't anything big on the line. But here..." Tea observed, before she thought for a moment. 
"Everything is at stake." Tristan finished, which made Tea surprised, so she turned to face Tristan. 
"The money for Serenity's operation, the match that can save Yugi's grandpa, talk about pressure. I wish they could both win." 
"So do I." Jill sighed, in agreement. 
"The stakes are high, but hopefully after everything's set and done, there'll be a way for both of them to get what they fought so hard for." Bakura suddenly spoke up, which made Jill smile a little. 
"All right, Joey! It's your turn now!" Yami shouted to Joey. 
"Ok, you asked for it!" Joey shouted back, before he strongly placed his card down in front of himself. 
"I'm throwing Giltia the Knight, in attack mode!" He announced, before Giltia the Knight appeared on the field. 
"How's that for starters?" Tristan remarked. 
Yami furrowed his eyebrows at Giltia the Knight's presence. 
"Giltia, attack! Soul spear assault!" Joey commanded his monster, before it went to attack Celtic Guardian, and all of a sudden... Celtic Guardian was disarmed and Giltia the Knight slashed the hell out of Celtic Guardian, and he disappeared for good! 
"Your Celtic Guardian's been creamed!" Joey cheered tauntingly, before Yami's life points went down to 1550. 
"I warned ya, Yugi. I'm not gonna pull any punches in this duel!" Joey warned. 
"Joey's really not kiddin', check out the score! He's in the lead!" Tristan exclaimed. 
"Don't forget though, Tristan, there's a long way to go. Anyone can score an early lead in a duel, but only a few can play well for the entire match." Bakura warned, which made the others surprised. 
"Only the best?" Tea asked. 
"Exactly right, Tea." Bakura replied, before Tea turned her head back to face the duel. 
"You see, Tristan, even though Yugi's behind in life points now, he's proving himself able to stay focused and make the big players when they count. Not that Joey hasn't shown the same promise, it's just that Yugi's had more experience, and that may be what gives him the edge here." Bakura continued, in explanation. Jill just bit her lip while gripping her mother's necklace.  
Yami sighed and thought to himself, 'Joey left his knight on the field completely unprotected. Just one of those amateur mistakes could cost him the match if you were dueling Pegasus. What is he thinking?'
Then he spoke out loud, "Time out, Joey!" 
"Time out?!" Joey demanded. 
"Ever since we arrived on this island, I've done my very best to teach you everything that I know. Now you must put everything you've learned into play. Think strategically, you cannot afford any mistakes." Yami replied in explanation, calmly. 
"Mistakes? I don't get it. What are you saying, Yug? Did I do something wrong already? It's only been one turn so far." Joey asked, confusedly. 
"What I'm saying, Joey, is that in a duel of this magnitude every single move you make is crucial. One false card and it can cost you everything you've worked so hard for." Yami answered, boldly. 
"I've got it, every move I make here has gotta be right here on the dot." Joey realized. 
"That's right, because here no one lets a mistake go on punished, not Pegasus, and not me." 
"Ok, I'm in! Now give me your best shot, pal!" 
"I intend to." 
Then Yami pulled out his card and drew, "Go, Gaia the Fierce Knight!"
Then Gaia the Fierce Knignt appeared on the field. 
"Attack!" Yami commanded, before Gaia charged at Giltia the Knignt and attacked him, then he disappeared for good! 
"Giltia the Knight is no more!" Yami taunted, proudly. 
Even though Joey's life points went down to 1550, he still grinned, "You sure took it to me there, Yug. Good move. Now let's see what old Joey can come up with." 
Then he pulled out his card and drew, "There Armored Lizard, in defense mode!"
Then Armored Lizard appeared on the field. 
'I know Joey has a better monster than that. Hm, I wonder what he's planning here.' Yami thought, as he suddenly made an idea. 
"What's he playing that throwaway monster for?" Tristan suddenly asked. 
"Who knows? Perhaps Joey hasn't learned as much as we thought." Bakura replied, which made the others shocked. 
"Come on, Yug! It's your turn now!" Joey announced. 
"And I'll play this. The Summoned Skull, in attack mode!" Yami announced, as he drew his card. 
'That's it.' Joey thought, before Summoned Skull appeared on the field. 
"Lightening strike, attack!" Yami commanded, before the lightning landed on Joey's Armored Lizard, and he disappeared for good!
"Armored Lizard has vanquished." Yami announced, firmly. 
Bakura obviously noticed Joey's facial expression, "Look at Joey! He almost looks glad his creature was struck!"
"Man, that's sad. He's in denial already." Tristan commented, before Bakura shook his head. 
"No, that's not what I meant. I think that Joey played that mediocre monster of his so Yugi would be lulled into a false sense of security and attack it. After all, Joey knows full well that Yugi has monsters in his deck that could easily beat his Armored Lizard. No, I think that Joey was just trying to draw Yugi's monster out."  
"Oh god..." Jill whispered to herself, nervously. 
"Sorry, bud, but I was hoping you were gonna throw down that Summoned Skull card. I needed him out from my strategy to work. A strategy that has zero mistakes I might add. But here, you don't have to just take my word for it, you can see for yourself. Get ready, bud, cause now it's my turn to teach you a lesson!" Joey taunted, and Yami just glared at him. 
"Joey sure seems confident that whatever he has planned will take down Yugi's Summoned Skull." Tea commented. 
"Ok, Yug, I'll play this first, in attack mode." Joey announced, as he drew his card, and what it appeared to be that Joey summoned was the Flame Swordsman. 
"The Flame Swordsman? Why play him?" Yami asked, in disbelief. Joey just grinned. 
"The Swordsman won't stand a chance. The Summoned Skull's attack power is too high." Tristan remarked. 
"Not once Joey plays that." Bakura replied, which made the others surprised. 
Joey suddenly pulled out his card and announced, "I hate doing this to ya, but I'm playing the Magical Shield and Swords card."
"Oh no!" Yami exclaimed, in disbelief. 
Both Tea and Jill were shocked. 
"The Magic of the Shield and Sword card flips each monsters' attack points with their defense points." Bakura observed. 
"I get it now! Joey's Swordsman will have more attack points than Yugi's Summoned Skull. Clever move!" Tristan finally realized. 
"So how's that for puttin' every slick move that I've learned here into play, Yug? Bet you wish it didn't show me the ropes quite so well now, huh, bud?" Joey taunted, before his face became more serious.
"Attack! Flaming sword of battle!" He commanded his monster, before its sword burst into flames, and it destroyed the Summoned Skull for good just as Flame Swordsman stabbed it with its sword. 
"Summoned Skull's been reduced to ash!" Joey announced, satisfyingly.
Yami's life points went down to 1150 while saying, "Well played, Joey. You not only reduced my life points, but you took out my best monsters too." 
"Thanks, pal, but that's nothing compared to some of the other moves I got ready to bust out in this duel." Joey replied proudly, before he snickered. 
"And I look forward too, Joey. But remember, you're not the only one with powerful moves ready to play." Yami stated, boldly. 
"Well then, bring em on, pal." 
"This duel is really heatin' up." Tristan commented. 
"Yes, and with the level of skill that those two possess, I have a strong feeling that things are only going to get hotter down there." Bakura replied in agreement. 
Tea was scared by now, "Oh, great." 
Jill just took her hand, trying to be comforting. 
"So, let's see one of their moves, Yug!" Joey encouraged. 
"Very well, Joey. Summoned Skull will now be avenged." Yami growled. 
"Oh yeah? Well, you're gonna have to get through my Flame Swordsman first!" Joey shot back. 
"Precisely." Yami agreed, before he pulled out his card and drew. 
"Curse of Dragon, attack mode!"
Then Curse of Dragon appeared on the field, and Joey growled at its presence. 
"And next, I'll use this polymerization card to fuse my dragon with Gaia the Fierce Knignt!" Yami announced, which made Joey shocked as hell.
"What?!" He exclaimed, in disbelief. 
"Behold, Gaia the Dragon Champion!" Yami announced, before Gaia and the Curse of Dragon began combining together. Joey growled nervously at the sight. 
"Now, my Dragon Champion, attack!" Yami commanded his monster, before it charged at Flame Swordsman, and Dragon Champion just slashed the hell out of Flame Swordsman, and he disappeared for good. 
"Your Swordsman's been troused!" Yami announced angrily, and Joey glared at him. 
"Oh my!" Tea exclaimed. 
"See? This is what I meant." Bakura spoke up, which caught both Tea and Jill's attentions. 
"No matter what happens, Yugi keeps a laser-like focus and makes the big plays when they really helped, and now, I guess we'll see if Joey can do the same." Bakura explained, observantly. 
"How can Joey make a big play with that Dragon Champion out there?" Tristan questioned. 
Bakura shook his head, "It's not about what's out. You see, just as Yugi was able to keep his cool while facing that Flame Swordsman, now Joey needs to maintain his focus, even while he's being attacked by his best friend. He's being forced to think on his feet." 
"You know, it's as if Yugi and Joey are pushing each other to duel their very best." Tea commented, as Jill bit her lip. 
"I think you're right. They're pushing each other as hard as they can now, so that no matter which one of them wins this duel, he'll be at his best when he faces Pegasus." 
Both Tea and Jill just looked at Bakura, completely knowing what he was saying. 
"So even though they're being forced to fight against each other, they've actually found a way to help each other. It's amazing!" Bakura continued, which amazed both Tea and Jill. 
'Ok, come on, deck. Don't fail me now.' Joey thought, before he pulled out his card and examined it for a moment. 
'Copy Cat.' 
Then realization hit him as he saw that he had the Grave Robber, 'All right! I've got the Grave Robber too! I think I could use these two in a way that I'd be able to take out Yugi's Dragon Champion. Maybe even clinch the match.' 
Then he smirked and spoke out loud, "All right, Yugi! Ready or not, here I come!"  
Then he thought again, 'I think this combo of mine might actually work.' 
Then he smirked again, and Yami realized what Joey might do. 
'What could Joey be smiling about? Gaia the Dragon Champion is one of my toughest monsters.' Yami thought, confusedly. 
"Yugi! Your Dragon Champ's done for. Watch this!" Joey announced tauntingly, which made Yami surprised.
"He's done for?!" He exclaimed, in disbelief. 
"Joey must have something big planned." Bakura suddenly spoke up, which shocked, Tea, Trisran, and Jill. 
"First I'm summoning the Red Eyes Black Dragon in attack mode!" Joey announced, before he strongly placed his card down in front of himself, and Red Eyes Black Dragon appeared on the field. Yami was tense at the Red Eyes' presence. 
"And I'll add Grave Robber to steal a monster from your graveyard." Joey added. 
"My Skull?!" Yugi exclaimed. 
"Yeah, that's right, Yugi. Now he's mine!" Joey replied, before Summoned Skull now went to Joey's side. 
"No!" Yugi protested, and Joey just grinned. 
"And next, I think I'll throw down this little critter right here." Joey taunted, before he pulled out his next card. 
"Check out Copy Cat card!" He shouted, as he placed the card down in front of himself. 
"Now I can copy any card you have on the field." 
Yami just snarled. 
"And I know just which one I want too. The powerful, mystical, magical, POLYMERIZATION!" 
"My fusion card?" Yami demanded. 
"Bingo. I may have never played it before, but I've seen you use it plenty of times." 
The others all gasped in realization at what Joey said. 
"Red Eyes Black Dragon and Summoned Skull, combine yourselves into one!" Joey commanded the monsters, before they began combining themselves together. 
"And check it out, the Black Skull Dragon!" Joey announced, proudly. 
"Oh no!" Yami exclaimed in disbelief, and the others all just stared at the monster in awe. 
"Superb. Two fused Duel Monsters set for battle, great!" Pegasus cheered mockingly, as he clapped his hands. Jill just glared at him. 
"All right, buddy. I'm pretty sure you know what's coming next, so you'd better brace yourself." Joey taunted, and Yami just glared at him. 
"Go, Black Skull Dragon! Attack the Dragon Champion now! Bolted fireball!" Joey commanded his monster, before Black Skull Dragon breathed its fire on Dragon Champion, and he was destroyed for good! Yami just winced as he looked away from the flash, and just as he opened his eyes... His life points went down to 550.
"I did it! I can't believe I actually did it! I just took down one of the most powerful monsters in your whole deck! I just beat your Dragon Champion!" Joey announced proudly, and Yami moved his eyes up to eye him. 
"You gotta admit, Yug. That was a pretty sweet move I played, with the whole Polymerization thing and all." Joey commented, and he noticed Yami's facial expression, which looked slightly pissed. 
"I get it, you got your game face on to try and keep me in suspense, huh, Yugi?" Joey asked, smirking. 
Yami also smirked as well, "No, Joey. I'm just letting you enjoy your triumph, you played a fine move, and now allowed me to play mine." 
"Uh-oh, guys. I think this duel's heating up again." Tea commented, tensely. 
"Yeah, did you see that look in Yugi's eyes?" Tristan replied, in agreement. 
"That stares meant doom for many a Duelist. At the same time." Bakura answered Tristan's question. 
"What?" Both Tea and Jill questioned together. 
"Joey seems to be almost unstoppable right now. It's truly anyone's duel." Bakura answered the girls' question. 
"Oh god..." Jill whispered, tensely. 
"Yugi. Joey." Was all Tea could manage, tensely. 
"Ready, pal? Cause my Black Skull Dragon's about to end this match." Joey announced, firmly. 
"Wrong! This duel's just getting started!" Yami shot back.