Council of the Gods

"I REFUSE TO FADE INTO NOTHINGNESS!" Zeus, King of the Gods, roared, making thunder and lightning to arc across the sky. The council was addressing the situation that the Olympians were now facing, they were fading.

The other Olympians looked nervously at each other. The signs were already there. Their powers were on the fritz and they looked older because their powers were being spent on not slipping away.

Even the Minor Gods and Goddess were present at this Council meeting. Some were just clouds of mist that had Iris-Messaged so they could attend.

Then Athena, Goddess of Wisdom, stood up and all eyes drifted to her. "Father," she said, "We still have time. We must use it wisely. Perhaps we have overstayed our welcome in this world. In any case, I propose that we choose an heir to take our places when the time comes. I elect my daughter, Annabeth Chase to take mine".

Gasps of disbelief filled Olympus, Athena always had a plan or idea to get them out of past mistakes. Now, her plan was to accept the fall of the Gods and select replacements.

Poseidon, God of the Seas, stood up, "I elect my son, Percy Jackson".

Athena gave her rival a sad, grateful look. To which e responded with a nod.

"Do you really feel this way, Brother?"

"I do Zeus," Poseidon replied, "I have learned to not fight against the current. Doing so will only result in drowning".

Hades, King of the Underworld, placed a hand on his brother's shoulder, "If the Fates have decreed that our reign shall end, we have no power to prevent it. Heh, not that we have much power at all these days".

Zeus nodded, "Very well then, elect your heirs. Then we go to Camp Half-Blood".