Chapter 46

When I woke up in the morning, the space beside me was empty. The events from last night played in my mind and I clutched my head. What was I thinking doing something as extreme as giving up my life?

The thought of my pregnancy which had left my mind completely, entered once again and my body went rigid. I stroke my stomach while my mind was occupied with thoughts.

Should I tell Yoongi about it?

The door opened and I took my hand away instantly as I looked up. Yoongi stood there by the door, his black coffee in his hand. There was an awkward silence where none of us spoke anything. Without a word I stood up and went into the bathroom to freshen up.

When I came back, Yoongi was sitting on our bed going through his book of lyrics which I always kept by the bedside and read whenever I wanted to relive memories from the past.

At the sight of me he put it away.

"You cannot keep ignoring it for ever. We need to address the elephant in the room"

I stopped and turned around to face him. He scooted a little towards the end of the bed making space for me.

"Do you want to talk about it now?"

"Yoongi.. I.. I did something which I shouldn't have. I wasn't thinking straight and at that moment it seemed like the only possible solution. I know you are worried sick about whatever that happened but please.. please don't blame yourself for it. I was just being foolish...", I couldn't complete my words because tears started rolling down my eyes.

Yoongi cupped my cheeks and tilted my head up to meet his.

"You know you can always trust me right?"

I nodded.

"Then tell me"

"You will come to know about it when the time is right", I replied. "Promise me Yoongi that no matter what happens, you will always love me"

Yoongi's heart twisted in fear at Lily's words. What was she talking about. Despite being confused he promised "I will never stop loving you. It was and will always be you"

"And no matter what, you will forgive me"

"Lily you..."

"Yoongi you will forgive me", I cut him off.

He paused and sighed. "No matter what you do, I will always forgive you but please I beg to you don't do what you did yesterday"

"I won't"

We sat there as Yoongi took my hand in his and stroked it with his thumb. I looked up to meet his eyes and he bent forward, pecking my lips slightly.

As his lips touched mine, I closed my eyes. I had to choose between two.

My loyalty or my love.

And I had chosen.

---•••---

Yoongi sat in his office, eyes fixated on the bags of cocaine in front of him. His mind was still wandering on Lily, image of that knife in her hand - which he had thrown away that instance - in his mind. He snapped back into reality as Namjoon walked in with Hoseok.

"Hyung let's tally the books for the month. The revenue from the cocaine this time has been very high. Close to 800,000 dollars this time. The stuff that Nexis bought is just amazing", Namjoon said with a grin.

He looked at Hoseok as the oldest didn't respond.

"Hyung", Hoseok began "what is wrong?"

"Hobi I, I don't want to do this"

"What?", both the men asked in confusion. "What are you saying Hyung?"

"Let's stop", Yoongi said mindlessly. "Put an end to this. Living like this - without any meaning. There is always a fear of death, fear of being killed. Do you know how much sin we have all committed? I must have killed more than 40 men and those are the only ones I can count."

Both Namjoon and Yoongi were dumbfounded as they sat there. "Why so suddenly Hyung? You used to be so ambitious. What made you change like this?"

"I loved money, power and everything that came with doing what we do but nothing can outweigh my love for Lily. I know she doesn't approve of what I have become. For her, I want to stop. I know I cannot force you all to stop especially after all the hard work all of you have put in to make this business what it is. It is only fair you continue this without me"

"HYUNG", Namjoon raised his voice "you made us what we are today, we are not doing this without you. And why do you want to stop now? Lily hasn't had any problem up until now and all of a sudden she has issue?"

"NAMJOON", Yoongi stood up in anger. "She tried to fucking kill herself". At this both Hoseok and Namjoon's eyes widened as they were not expecting to hear this in the least.

"Yesterday night I saw it with my own eyes. She tried to slit her wrist behind the close doors of the bathroom. If I hadn't barged in, we would have probably been arranging for a funeral right now."

Both Namjoon and Hoseok were silent, looking at the ground.

"I don't want to lose her, I don't want to", Yoongi started sobbing. "I don't want it to happen again. I just want her to be happy and for that I have to choose. It's either this or her and I have made my choice. It is her, was always her and will always be her"

"Hyung, we are what we are because of you. If you stop, we stop too. We are a team and a family. In a family no one gets left behind. We cannot keep living like this for ever. I want the younger ones to live happily. Jungkook, Taehyung and Jimin are young and have their entire life in front of them. I cannot imagine living in fear that one day something might happen to one of you. Maybe you are right Hyung, we should stop now", Hoseok who had been silent for so long spoke.

Yoongi nodded at Hoseok who himself shed a tear. His eyes next moved to Namjoon. He knew Namjoon was ambitious and probably wouldn't want to leave.

"You know this business very well Namjoon-ah, take it over if you want to. You have given this you everything and I cannot snatch it away from you."

"No", he spoke. "Not without you all. Every night I used to stare at the ceiling thinking about what would happen if I died tomorrow. Even when I don't express it, I worried about Hyuna - what would she do if I died. She is the only blood family that I have left. And for all of you, let us live a good life. We deserve better."

Yoongi smiled as he heard this. "So we have a decision."

---•••---

I stood outside the office staring at the initials on the door. 'M•Y•G' it read.

Gulping, I took a step inside. It was empty. Everything was lined neatly. I ran a hand along the shining surface of his desk before my hands stopped to pick up a photoframe of our picture.

I ran a hand through our faces before putting it away. I walked further to where his safe was. It wasn't difficult to unlock. It was the date where we first met.

11/23

The steel door opened and I removed stacks of papers and documents. My eyes scanned it all.

I had it all.

The evidence that was going to prove Yoongi guilty.