Chapter 21

India

I stared at Michael in complete shock, not knowing what to say. What the hell do I say to him right now at this moment? I mean... I'd love to marry him one day but I just don't know. He haven't even ask me to be his girlfriend yet. We were pretty much friends with benefits, in love with each other and have a baby on the way. He gets down on his knee and take my hand in his while looking up at me with tears in his eyes.

"Are you just asking me to marry you because I'm pregnant?" I asked. He shakes his head.

"No, I'm asking you because I love you, and I want to be with you forever. I never want to lose you baby..."

"Michael you won't lose me-" He kissed my hand, cutting me off.

"Baby, say yes please." He says softly. I bite down on my lip.

"I want to say yes... but... I can't."

"Why? You love me, right?" He asked.

"Yes Michael I love you but-"

"But What India? We're meant to be together." He says, cutting me off again.

"And how do you know that?" I asked.

"Because.." He sighs. "I've never felt this way for anyone before. All my life I've been looking for that special woman who will love me for me, and you're the woman that I feel I can be myself with. I know that you're not after the fame and money. Your love for me is real and that's what made me fall in love with you. I love you so much India, and I love Ava too. I'd love to be a father to Ava."

I smiled as tears fall from my eyes. I sniffed and wipe them away. "Michael I want to say yes but..."

"What does your heart say?" He asked softly.

"Michael I will love to be your Mrs. Jackson and there's no longer any doubt in my mind that you don't love me, but you haven't even asked me to be your girlfriend yet." I smiled softly. He looked up at me with a smile.

"India... will you be my girlfriend?" He asked. I giggled as I wiped my tears away.

"Yes.." I said smiling from ear to ear.

"India, will you be my wife?" He asked. I bit the corner of my lip and looked at him a bit unsure.

"Michael, I don't want to rush into this."

"We're not rushing into anything, this is the way it's supposed to be."

"Michael, I just feel like we're moving too fast, and I don't want to rush into anything. I just want us to take things slow." I said, looking down at him.

"And we will, we don't have to get married right away." He smiled softly at me. I looked into his eyes searchingly then sigh.

"Just say yes and whenever you're ready for us to get married, just tell me ok?"

"Michael.. I-I... I don't know."

"Just say yes, India." He said as he gets back up on his feet. I looked into his eyes then I looked down.

"Ok.." I said, nodding my head.

He lifts my chin up. "Ok what?"

"I'll be your wife, Michael."

"I love you so much, India." He whispered before kissing me softly on the lips. I then wrapped my arms around his neck and sighed.

"India.."

I looked at him. "Yes Michael?"

"I want you to promise me something.."

"What's that?" I asked.