New Roads!Chapter 21

Start from the beginning

Imagining how important such an event would be i was surprised not to have heard of it sooner, until i remembered that posters had been posted at the Training hall once.

"Shade, did you know that NoMercy will participate?"

"NoMercy? No way! Awesome!"

One of the NPC clients had joined our conversation.

"NoMercy? Who is that?"

"Really?! What's up with you?"

Shade was looking at me as if i was as ingnorant a a new born.

"NoMercy is only the most gruesome, battlecarving and bloodthirsty guild of foreigners that has ever been founded! Their members are so powerfull! Especialy ZeroKiller, their top combatant!"

As Shade kept admiring another guild i felt a twingle of jealousy within me.

"Hey, shade. you know that they kinda are our rivals, right?"

"Well, yeah... but we're not really about combat. Centiped is more about craftmanship and commerce."

"True, but we still have plenty of warriors in our ranks. Me included."

"Oh, right boss, i'm sure you could defeat them all if you wanted to!"

From around us, a few other man sheered towards my victory in a half joking tone.

Are they seriously not believing in Centiped combat strength? Even the players don't think one of us can win... i need to change this!

I oppened the private message window and sent a message to Trickster.

"I want to organise a Guild event in relation to the Great Tournament held in Fridol.

Something like an internal Guild ranking and prizes of the participating members."

It didn't take long until he replied.

"Sounds fun. i think we could do it but it will be expensive! Where do we get the prizes? What about the non-combatants?"

"We can make most of the prizes, for the top ones i have a few ideas... what about a fair held by the rest of the Guild outside of the Arena?"

"Like a giant market with games and food stands?"

"Yeah! we could put dolls, clothes and basic equipments as rewards! the newbies would love it!"

"And a tombola, don't forget to make a tombola!"

Soon the both of us had decided on a dozen small games, recepies to sell and shop stands to hold.

I set several quests to prepare the prizes for the fair, the tombola and the guild ranking of the tournament.

Then i looked for NPCs to hold the stands (players would never agree to work durring the tournament). As the preparations we lunched i wondered exactly how much prizes i would need.

Deciding that i needed to be sure i leaft the inn, noticing a man following me.

Even after two month they are still here...

I arived at the Arena after a few minutes of walking. The Arena was a high stone and hard wood construction as big as four houses stuck together. I entered it through one of its numerous entrances. The inside of it was made of stairs leading upstairs to the tribunes, and coridors to the fighters quarters.

Several players were present in the long pathway separating the outside from the inside wall. In front of each stairs an NPC was welcoming the aplying participants.