New Roads!Chapter 20

Start from the beginning

To me, Centiped is not just a Guild, it is a companion.

One that grows in stength and size along with its members and become their suport throughout their gameplay.

Centiped shall be a trade partner, a brother of arm and a power that will shoulder you throughout difficult times.

I wish for its members, wether they are artisans, merchants, wariors or mages, to all receive something from Centiped, be it additional quests, monetary or man support, equipment for beginner players or simply a place to settle and enjoy your friends and comrads company. (map of all Centiped owned Properties, Prospects and Outposts provided on Home-page, HideOuts only available to BlackOps Branch.)

For the guild to grow and spread, i ask of you all to be respectfull of the other players (no mindless PK-ing please) and be mindfull of the game's political, monetary and military figures and factions (do tell, before starting a conflict between households or destroying entire organisations, i will protect and expand Centeped's interests the best i can)

Secondly i wish to inform you that i have switched off the Guild Emnlem Notice to ensure the anonimity of the Guild's members. I believe that those 9 days showing Centiped's colors have made New Roads! well aware of our Guild's existance and that fowarding it too much could atract the wrong kind of attention.

Lastly, i wish to tell you all that the Guild Head-Quarters in Fridol are only temporary, i am currently looking for a larger and more convinient location to hold the Guild's archives, meetings and belongings.

Once more, thank you all for choosing Centiped as your Companion for this great journey that is New Roads!.

All my hope for the futur,

Ben Varrand, Guild Master and Founding Member of Centeped"

The message was to appear on a fictional parchment scroll with my personal Seal and Stamp applied on it.

As i sent it, i felt like a Guild Master for the first time.

I used the next day to check on Centiped status.

Sitting in my bedroom at the inn, i updated my Journal with the Guild's information logs and dowlowded my own into it. I issued a special message to the Artisanal Branch about the updated Armors datas, hoping that this would help them manifacture superior goods.

I checked on the caravans and outposts, making sure that none had been attacked. Then i looked at the ongoing constructions and optimisations of the guild's properties and prospects.

I had predicted that they would consume a large amount of time and money and they did, the bill was high but fair. What worried me was when i saw the proffits from the ongoing bussinesses. They were far lower than i thought.

It took me the afternoon to go through every single one of them, looking for those who did not reach my expectations.

Wierdly, the bussinesses located in small towns and near dungeons or popular hunting grounds were doing fine. It was the shops in lager towns and cities that had meet difficulties.

I did not immediatly understand why, they were equiped with everything they needed to produce quality goods and services yet did not attract as much clients as i wanted.

Felling restless, i descended the stairs and settled myself at the Guild Hall's bar, a large cup of bublely and mossy redberry mead in hand i thought of why my shops were falling short of expectations.

Since they were located in the heart of cities or close to their Gates, they should normally attract attention from players and NPCs alike yet they did not. Even with instalations and products of equal or superior quality and prices, people still choosed to go to other merchants.