Chapter 6

*From Rowan's perspective*

I was shook awake by a knock at my door.

"Rowan wake up! It's time for breakfast."

Vivica's voice came echoing through the walls. I strained to come back to reality. The void of sleep was much more enjoyable, separate from worry, loss, and memories.

I opened my eyes. I stared at the blank white ceiling, wishing that I could go back to being a kid. I just had to train and do what I was told, I didn't have to kill innocent girls. Although the night before I had decided to do the opposite. I was determined to save her. I had found a way that she could get out alive and the capitol wouldn't be mad at me. The tricky part was getting her to the finale. It wasn't that I though she couldn't handle herself, it was that the capitol would be giving me many opportunities to kill her. Which I will have to find a way to discard. I had to make the capitol think my plan was to kill her in the end. Thus providing a show for the capitol citizens. While in the meantime I would really be stalling for when I could pull out my plan. I just hoped it would work.

I sat up and swung my feet off the bed. I took a shower and put on new clothes. I combed my hair back, and opened the door. I walked into the hallway and into the main room. Everyone was sitting at the table, even Brisa who had woke up late the morning before. She still looked pale, and her hands were still wrapped in the cloth I had put on the night before. I sat down in between Adeline and Lucy. Damon got right to work planning for the day.

"Now that your awake we can talk about today...there will be lots of stations in which you can learn and practice skills that could come in handy in the arena...I want you two to practice things that you don't already know how to use... the careers will be showing off but don't let them scare you."

"Pshh against us they don't stand a chance."

I replied.

"Being cocky is what gets people in trouble."

Damon gave me a stern look, so I stopped talking.

"Tonight I want to hear about all of the tributes and what you two did."

Aideen explained more.

"Damon is good at finding weaknesses and knowing who to trust and not.... it's what helped him win his games."

"Interesting."

I replied.

I continued filling my plate with food. I was famished. I started on my potatoes just as an avox walked up to the table he handed Damon a white wrap of cloth. He gestured for Brisa to follow him into the sitting room. He unwrapped the old cloth and started to wrap the new one. Although instead of fully wrapping her hand, like we had done before, he now wrapped each individual finger leading to the palm of her hand. The material seemed to be stretchy so that she could move her hand a little more during training.

I tried to concentrate on eating. Everyone sat in silence, there wasn't much to talk about. Because no one ate much last night we were all enjoying the meal.

Damon and Brisa came back and everyone finished the meal.

We said goodbye to everyone. Damon led us to the elevator. Brisa cautiously stepped in. Damon pressed the button that would take us to the lowest floor. It was below ground where the training center was. I assumed it would look similar to my training facility. I looked out the window as the floors started to zoom past. Brisa lurched back in fear.