~42~

Olivia's POV

The case was postponed for Thanksgiving. The defense which just happened to be Kelly Stabler, needed more time to figure out how to defend her client. Alex knew she had a slam dunk, but Kelly just had to make it more difficult. Just like her husband.

At least our Thanksgiving wasn't stressful because it was supposed to be a good time, and my friends all made sure it was fun and enjoyable because it was my second Thanksgiving without my husband, and probably the hardest one because Hanna was turning into a person without her father being here to witness it.

"Do you really think we will eat this full turkey?" I asked as I stood in Fin's kitchen with Amanda and Fin.

"If you guys don't, I will." He spoke, as he pushed the turkey back into the oven before shutting the oven door.

"Does Hanna like turkey?" Amanda asked, as she walked over and opened a bottle of wine that Casey brought.

"Oh yeah. She loves it." I smiled. I grabbed a few glasses before sitting them on the counter. Amanda started to fill them as she kept eying me.

"What?" I questioned, as I ran my finger over the corner of my mouth, expecting that I had smeared my lipstick a bit.

"Are you doing okay?" She questioned as Fin left the kitchen.

"Yeah, I'm okay. Why?"

"Well..." She trailed off, and I sighed.

"I'm okay, Amanda. Hanna is keeping me sane. It's hard to get used to not celebrating holidays with my husband, but I'm doing okay. I gotta learn how to be a different person." I spoke, and Amanda nodded slowly before she stepped forward and handed me a glass of wine.

"To being a very amazing single mother." Amanda smiled, and I chuckled as I clinked my glass against her's.

"Here here."

---

A few minutes before dinner was done, Hanna woke up and was in a really cuddly mood. She just held onto me and didn't want to let go. So helping with dinner was a little harder than I thought it would be.

"Liv, just relax, baby girl," Fin spoke, as I tried to make the gravy.

"Are you sure?" I questioned, and he smiled and nodded.

"I'm sure. Go sit down and just cuddle your baby." He spoke, before kissing my forehead softly. I smiled at my friend as I passed the whisk to Casey, who didn't even know what it was.

I sat on Fin's leather couch and rested my head against the back of it as I rubbed Hanna's back. She shifted a bit and looked up at me.

"Momma, my belly is sad." She spoke, and I laughed softly as I leaned down and kissed her forehead gently.

"Your belly will be happy soon. Dinner is almost ready." I smiled. She pushed herself up and ran her fingers over my necklace.

"Turkey?" She asked, and I chuckled and nodded.

"Lots and lots of turkey for you," I spoke, before leaning down and kissing her forehead again.

I stood up and carried her over to where Fin kept toys just for Hanna. We sat down and played until Fin carried the turkey out and the rest of my friends carried the side dishes.

"Turkey!" Hanna exclaimed with a large smile covering her face.

---

Elliot's POV

"Chicken? You only have chicken?" I exclaimed into the phone as I tried to order takeout for dinner. Kelly was at the office working, and I wanted to give Gus a Thanksgiving to try and remember. We weren't going to have anything special, but I at least wanted turkey.

"Sir, it's Thanksgiving and we only have chicken left. Take it or leave it."

"Okay, yeah. I'll take the chicken and any side dishes you have." 

I hung up the phone once I got the total and then I shoved my phone into my pocket. I walked towards the living room and saw Gus was still sleeping in his playpen. He had really enjoyed the parade that we went and sat through earlier, even though Kelly had promised to come with us, but she didn't. She was so busy working that she wasn't even thinking about Thanksgiving, the second one that our son has celebrated since he was born.

"Gus." I breathed, as I knelt down and sat next to the playpen. I reached out and caressed my son's curls until he woke up.

"Daddy?" He questioned, and I smiled as I picked him up and drew him into my arms.

"Hey, are you ready for chicken?"

"Chicken?" He questioned, as he struggled to say the word.

"Yeah, nothing fancy but we are having a good dinner tonight. Are you hungry?" I asked, and my son nodded.

"Yeah! Now?"

"Not now. I was thinking we could call Momma. Want to do that?"

"Yeah!"

---

Kelly didn't pick up her phone when I called, so Gus and I left her a message. My son and I ate chicken, mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie, and rolls. Gus had a little of each and ate it all, before wanting more pie because it was sweet and he loves anything with sugar in it.

I gave him a bath and then we just laid on the couch together and watched Frosty, because it was on already. He laughed a few times, before falling asleep on my chest. I couldn't help but wonder what Kelly was doing, and honestly Olivia. I was wondering how she was dealing with another Thanksgiving without Martin. 

"Daddy, bed." Gus yawned as he lifted his head and looked at me.

"Okay. Wanna lay with me, buddy?"

"Yeah. Momma home?"

"No, not yet. I'll try and get her home."

---

Kelly didn't end up coming home and Gus was crying about it in the morning. I fed him breakfast and got him to try and play with his toys but he refused and started to throw them around. All he wanted was his mother, but she just didn't seem like she wanted to come home.

I kept calling her cell, but she didn't pick up. So I decided to call her office phone, which she picked up right away. She said I'm not supposed to call her office phone, but maybe if she had picked up before I wouldn't have had to.

"Kelly Stabler."

"Kell, your son is crying and is freaking out because he misses you."

"El-"

"Don't come up with an excuse. Come home. Now. I don't care about this case because it isn't going to start up till the first of December."

"It's my job, Elliot. Gus has you."

"He wants you."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D