~40~

Elliot's POV

I looked at my wife as she played with our son. If she was really pregnant, it would be something to adjust to again, just like when we had Gus. Neither of us was ready to be parents, but then we were blessed with the sweet little boy that has made us so very happy.

"Should I take a test or just wait and see if the symptoms go away?" She asked, and I shrugged as I came out of my thoughts. I walked over and sat down next to her on the floor, before dragging my son onto my lap. He laughed as he continued to play with his trucks.

"Do you think they will go away?" I mused, and she shrugged.

"I may just be late, El. I just, I really want a baby and I hope that this means I'm pregnant." She sighed, and I nodded slowly. I leaned over and kissed her softly before smiling.

"Do what you think is the best option. I can watch Gus if you want to go buy a test or go to your doctor's."

"Okay, I'm going to try and get an appointment. Then we can be 100% confident if Gus will be a big brother or not." She smiled. She lifted Gus off my lap as she went into the kitchen to start making his lunch.

"You'd like to be a big brother, right little man?"

---

Kelly left and I took care of Gus. I gave him a bath after he got paint all over himself when we broke up the finger paints Kelly bought him. Nearly three hours after she left, she came home. I was sleeping with Gus in my recliner. I didn't even need to have Kelly tell me that she wasn't pregnant, because the sounds of her still crying woke me up.

I got out of my chair and laid Gus in his playpen, before heading into the kitchen. Kelly was wiping her face off with a tissue, and I frowned.

"See, trying is the most fun part of it all. We can continue to try until you are pregnant. I promise." I smiled gently, and Kelly laughed softly.

"I just don't know why I'd tell you that I'm pregnant when I didn't even know." She sighed, and I shrugged.

"You were just so excited. But don't worry about it, my love. We can start trying as soon as you want, I swear."

"Okay. I'm going to check on Gus..." She trailed off, and I shook my head as I wrapped my arms around her waist. I drew her close and kissed her gently, before deepening it.

"Is this you telling me that you love me, even if I'm not pregnant?"

"It is. Now, go take a long bath, and I can continue working on taking care of our son. He's being quiet because he's napping." I spoke, and Kelly nodded. She hugged me tightly before sighing.

"I just want to have a little girl so badly... I'm just glad that you could tell so I didn't have to break the news to you."

---

Olivia's POV

"I feel like Hell's Kitchen is the perfect place for a person to kidnap a woman, and kill her husband." Amanda sighed, her voice cold and bitter.

"Okay, don't get darker than you already are. Now, where is the crime scene?" I asked, as I tightened my scarf as Amanda and I walked from where I parked my car, through the snow covered street.

"In their apartment. The husband has only been dead for a few hours, and unfortunately, their four kids walked in to find their mother missing and their father dead."

"Great. Did you call CPS?" I questioned, as Amanda pointed to a building that had been completely surrounded by police tape and uniformed detectives walked in and out of the building. I was assuming that my detectives we all staying warm in the building, which is completely like Fin, Nick, and our newest detective, Carisi.

"We did, but they can't respond because of the roads. The kids will have to stay at the precinct until they can get them."

"Ransom?" I spoke, and Amanda just shook her head as we both sighed.

I guess maybe I won't be seeing my daughter tonight, or for a few nights.

---

"Alright, I need someone to order food for the kids. Uh, Carisi do that." I spoke, as I left the kids room, and pushed my glasses onto the top of my head.

"Gotcha." Carisi spoke, before grabbing his desk phone and starting to dial a restaurant or something. I walked into my office and Amanda and Nick followed close behind.

"Did you call the vic's work?" I mused, as I sat down and grabbed my coffee. I took a long drink from it, before checking my email. The heat in the precinct has been off lately, and now that it's snowy and such, the old building's heat wasn't standing up to the cold.

"We did. He works in a high rise near Midtown. There is no way that we can get over there though. Not right now. We are trying to set up a video call to discuss if anyone might have hated him."

"Okay, keep me updated. I have to call home and see who is there with Hanna, and then I have to say goodnight to her." I frowned.

"You could go home, Liv. We can stay and work this." Nick spoke, and I shook my head.

"I'm not leaving you here, because I believe you might try and either kill Carisi or get him to do something that is illegal. Now, someone go make more coffee because the heat isn't going to be working for too much longer."

---

The heat went out at around 4 in the morning, so we all went to the DA's office and worked in Barba's office with him, even if he was strongly against it. We were annoying him with all of our calls and running in and out to talk to people about the family.

But if we didn't get a call about ransom by noon today, the kidnapped woman might be dead, and she and her husband might be leaving 4 kids behind to be orphans.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D