~9~

Olivia's POV

After the AA meeting I went to with Cragen, I drove home and put all my wine away so I wouldn't be looking at it every time I went into the kitchen. I was sitting down with a cup of tea, when someone knocked on my door.

I stood up slowly and pushed my bangs out of my face, before heading towards the door. I was sort of assuming that the person here was Alex or Casey, but instead it was Martin.

"Hey." Martin breathed, and I swallowed hard.

"Hi..." I trailed off, and he ran his hand over his face, before sighing.

"Can we talk, Liv?" He asked, and I knew he was surprised when I nodded slowly.

I stepped away from my door, and I shut it once he walked into my apartment.

"So, how have you been?" Martin asked, and I frowned.

"I've been better. It's nice to see you though." I whispered, and he nodded slowly, before reaching into his pocket and pulling out his phone. I sighed.

"Don't worry, I'm not on here because I'm ignoring you. I'm on here because I wanted to show you something." He smiled, and I crossed my arms over my chest, because I didn't really believe him.

He stayed on his phone for a few more minutes, before handing it to me. I took it hesitantly, before reading the screen. As I looked up at him, my mouth was hanging over because I was so surprised.

"Did you really send this to your Mother?" I asked, and he smiled.

"Yeah, because I really like you, Olivia. I want you to be more than just a cover. I want you to be my girl." He smiled softly, before taking his phone back. He shoved it into his pocket, as he stared at me.

I didn't know what to do, so I just continued to stand there.

"I'm going to let you think about this, and soon I'll be back to check in on you." Martin smiled, before he leaned in and kissed my cheek softly. He walked away and out the door, and I just slowly went back to my spot. I sat down and picked up my tea before drinking from it slowly. I just stayed silent, and let everything sink in, because having him tell me that he wants to be more to me than we have been, was a big step for me.

---

I went to work the next morning, and Fin was sitting at my desk. I laughed, and he looked up at me.

"Hey, Benson." He spoke, before standing and walking over to his desk.

"Did you forget where you are supposed to sit? Or was my chair more comfy?" I teased, and he shook his head.

"No, I was just wondering if you were coming in today, I was looking to see if you had today marked off on your calculator." He replied, but he was being suspicious.

"Fin, what's wrong?" I sighed, and he frowned.

"To help you move on from that dick who was your old partner, I thought that you'd be interested in knowing that Elliot is alive, and he's in love or something." Fin frowned, before walking away.

I swallowed hard, before turning and walking over to my desk. I leaned down and opened the bottom compartment in my desk, and I pulled out a picture I had saved of Elliot and myself. I sat it on my desk, before grabbing the scissors, and cut it into tiny pieces.

If he can move on, so can I.

---

Elliot's POV

When Kelly got home, I was sitting in the living room on the floor, because we didn't have a couch yet, and I was watching football.

" I haven't seen you do this since I moved in here." Kelly smiled, as she slipped her heels off, before sitting down next to me, and placing her lips to mine.

"Well, I've had more stuff to pay occupy my time." I smirked, before reaching over and grabbing my beer. I took a drink from it before sitting it back down.

"I like how you occupy your time, love." She grinned, as she took her jacket off, so she was just wearing her blouse and her skirt.

"So, how was work?" I questioned, and she sighed.

"It was boring, but I did get asked to do a criminal case, so I'll be working more."

"Great, I'll be alone more." I frowned, and she sighed.

"I'm sorry, baby. But I really need this. It can open me up to new variety of cases I can work on. I also want to focus on work right now, before we take a big step forward in our relationship." She smiled, and I nodded slowly.

"Okay." I breathed, but I was nervous. All I could think about was her maybe working with Liv and the crew, and meeting the girl I loved before I met my soulmate.

"Something is wrong... wanna tell me?" She asked, as she ran her hands over my chest, as she started to work the buttons of my shirt open.

"Do you really want me to tell you, or do you just want me to do something to you." I grinned, as I raised one of my eyebrows.

"Let me calm you down a bit, let that tension go, before you tell me, okay?" She breathed, as she started to kiss my skin, from my jaw down my neck and to my collar bone.

"Fuck it."

---

I laid in our bed for awhile, and Kelly tried to calm herself. She was breathing heavy, but she still rolled over and smiled at me.

"So, are you ready to tell me what is bothering you?" She asked, and I sighed.

"While you were gone, one of the detectives that I used to work with showed up."

"What?" She asked, and she knew that my past was coming back already, and I didn't want that.

"He came back and told me to just stay away from Liv, because I had hurt her so much by leaving..."

"Elliot, you love her, don't you?" She whispered, as she sat up and wrapped the sheet around her chest.

"Not anymore. I only love you." I whispered, and she swallowed hard.

"That better be true. I can't be hurt."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D