~30~

Elliot's POV

Once we were released two days after Gus was born, we went straight home. I knew that the moment I walk into my house that it will really feel like a home now. Now that my son is born and my wife is in my corner again.

"Alright, so what should we do first?" Kelly asked as she sat down on the couch as I carried Gus' carrier over to her.

"Uh, do we just watch him? He'll tell us when he needs his diaper changed or needs to feed, right? He'll start crying." I replied, and she looked at me with wide eyes.

"Oh geez. We are screwed." She sighed, as she leaned back against the couch as I scoped Gus up and held him close.

I leaned back and took one arm away from my son and wrapped it around my wife. She looked at me and smiled.

"Better late than never, huh?" She spoke, and I nodded as I smiled at her, and then kept smiling as I looked at my son.

"I wouldn't want to have had a kid with anyone else in this world." But in reality, I had thought about having kids with Olivia from the moment I met her because I fell in love with her quicker than I fell in love with Kelly.

---

For the first week of being parents, we did okay. I got peed on almost every time I changed my son's diaper, and Kelly was having uncontrollable mood swings, but she didn't have postpartum depression which is a plus.

"El, I think we are out of diapers!" Kelly exclaimed. I sighed as I walked from the kitchen and headed upstairs. I've been keeping an inventory of everything we have, and once a week I try to go to the story but it's turning into almost every day. Having a baby is a lot of work and costs a lot of money. In the first week, we've gone through almost $100 worth of diapers.

"How are we out already? I picked up a box of them when you went to bed on Monday night. We should have at least five left." I sighed, as my wife put the last diaper on our son. She hasn't been peed on yet so she doesn't understand why I know exactly how many diapers we have left in the house because that adds more times I've been peed on to my tally.

"Well, we don't. Can you please just go get some? I just want to go to sleep." She whined, and I frowned but nodded.

"Yeah, I'll go get some. I'll be home within the hour." I spoke, before leaning in and kissing her softly. I looked down at my son as he pumped his legs and yawned. I leaned down and kissed his forehead softly before caressing his hair.

"Be good for your Mommy, okay?"

---

Olivia's POV

Martin couldn't take as much time off from work as I could. He took the first three days off, but then he had to return to work. It was nice to be able to bond and learn how my daughter liked things done, but I didn't like having the support that having Martin there with me had done. 

When Hanna needed her diaper changed? I did it.

When she needed her bath? I did it.

And even when it came to feeding Martin couldn't help because I insisted on nursing her until I had to go back to work then I'd just leave milk behind for her to eat instead. I was also already looking into a great babysitter who could help take care of Hanna once I was back to work, but I was hoping and praying that Hanna wouldn't love her babysitter more than she would love me.

"Your hair is getting so curly." I smiled, as I rocked Hanna back and forth in the rocking chair in the nursery she wasn't even sleeping in yet. I ran my finger over her soft brown curls and smiled as she let out a noisy yawn. I leaned down and kissed her cheek before putting her up on my shoulder and holder her even closer.

"Hey, I gotta get going. We just got a call and we have a case." Fin frowned, as he walked into Hanna's nursery. He's been coming over a lot after work to hang out so I don't get sucked up into everything baby.

"It's okay. Wanna hold her one last time before you leave?" I asked, and Fin nodded. He quickly walked over to me and once I shifted my daughter into his arms I stood and he took my spot in the rocking chair.

"So, what are you going to do since I have to leave?" Fin asked, as I walked over and started to check out the diaper and wipe situation. 

"Well, I'm going to call my husband and asking him to pick up more baby stuff for Hanna. I swear to god that I never thought babies went through so much of everything so quickly. I can't even imagine how much harder it would be if we had to buy and find a formula that we thought was good enough for her." I sighed, and Fin nodded as he kissed Hanna's forehead.

"Well, I gotta go. I love both of you." He smiled, before passing Hanna off to me. Since he met Hanna he softens considerably around people. He actually tells me that he loves me, and I really know that he does. If only Elliot had said that to me before he ditched me.

"We love you too, Fin. Thanks again."

Once Fin left, I called Martin but he said he couldn't make it the store because they'd all be closed before he got home. So I had to pack up Hanna and take her into public way before I wanted to, but I'd rather be prepared than lacking when she needs her diaper changed.

---

"Okay, Hanna. We will be home before you know it." I smiled, as I sat her carrier in the cart. I pushed my daughter around the store as I grabbed a few things I knew we needed before I walked down the diaper aisle. I walked a bit before stopping as tears welled in my eyes. 

Standing less than 5 feet in front of me was Elliot, looking at newborn diapers.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D