~14~

Olivia's POV

A large smile was on my face as I unlocked the front door of the new house my husband and I had bought. I had never lived in a house, only apartments, and it was amazing to walk up a path to my front door, instead of climbing flights of stairs to get to my small apartment. This house would make it easier for Martin and myself to have children, which the idea of being a mother was growing on me as the weeks went by.

"Martin! I'm home!" I called into the house, and I heard my husband walk down the stairs, his face covered with shaving cream, and his razor in hand.

"I'll be down to eat whatever you got soon." He smiled, and I chuckled.

"I'm making dinner." I replied, and his eyes went wide.

"Excuse me, but who are you and what did you do to my wife?" He questioned, and I shrugged.

"I just thought I'd treat you. We've been married for 5 months today, and I wanted to do something special." I smiled, before carrying the paper bags into the kitchen.

I started to make dinner, and when I was flipping the chicken in the pan, my husband walked into the kitchen.

"It smells amazing, Liv. I didn't think you could cook." He spoke, as he grabbed the wooden spoon and tasted some of sauce I made for the chicken.

"I cooked with you, love. But I don't like to cook. I just don't know what really made me want to cook tonight."

"Well, you are just getting practice because eventually you'll want to cook something for me and our son."

"I'm not even pregnant yet, Martin."

"So? Can't I dream?" He sighed, as he sat on the bar stool.

"You can dream all you want, but I'm not pregnant and I do not want to become pregnant for a few more months."

---

After Martin and I ate dinner, we went outside to go for a walk around the neighborhood. Martin had gotten a good deal on our house, and we worked hard to get it to what we wanted it to be. We had painted the rooms and fixed the roof. Martin even put a porch on the back deck because he knew how much I loved to read in the twilight, but that could also be the reason I need glasses.

"I think that this is the best neighborhood for us." Martin spoke as he grabbed my hand, and intertwined our fingers together. Our hands fit perfectly together, like he was truly my other half.

"I do too. I'm glad that I can still get to work on time and not be too late getting home. Then you can make it to the office in less than half an hour when it isn't snowing." I smiled.

"God, I'm so happy!" Martin exclaimed as he pulled me to a stop and moved me so I was standing in front of him.

"I'm glad! I love you!" I exclaimed back, before he wrapped his arms around my body and held me close. He smashed his lips into mine, and I melted into him, forgetting everything around me.

---

Elliot's POV

"I remember when we were that cute." Kelly spoke as I drove her home from the hospital. She had entered into a mental health facility and had been there for awhile. I had missed my wife, but she seemed more like the old Kelly than she did the one who hated me.

I looked over to see a couple standing on the side walk, completely occupied with sucking each other's face.

"We are still that cute. I bet everyone was thinking we were newlyweds when you walked out of the hospital and we kissed." I smiled, and she nodded slowly as she reached over and grabbed my hand.

I turned into our driveway and parked, before getting Kelly's bag from the back seat. I walked around to help her out, but she was already out and watching the couple again.

"Kell?" I questioned, and she bit her lip as she reached her hand out to me. I walked towards her and grabbed her hand, and she pulled me to her side.

"I'm sorry for how I treated you over the past few months, Elliot. I never meant to hurt you."

"You were depressed, Kelly. You still are but it's under control. Don't worry about me. I never planned on hating you for any of this, because I understand where you were."

"You were just trying to be my 'Olivia', you were just trying to help me."

I sighed as I thought about her statement. I guess I had been in the same position as Olivia had been in when my father died. She stood next to me, and I tried to do the same thing for my wife.

"So, I cleaned the house and I made your favorite dinner, I just need to see if it's done."

"So you threw everything into the crock pot and just went with it?" She teased and I smiled before leaning over and kissing  her cheek softly.

"I don't like making meals that take forever. Just come on baby."

---

After dinner I laid in my bed with my wife, and she cuddled close to me. I rubbed her back gently and placed soft kisses to her hair. She was exhausted, but also happy. We had talked for hours tonight, which is the most we've talked since her parents died. She had brought up the fact that she wanted kids, and lots of them. She wanted to bring something good out of the ashes of this struggle. I wanted kids, and she knew it, but I just didn't know if she was ready yet.

"I'm getting tired." She spoke, as she moved away from me and towards her pillow.

"Okay, well why don't you get some sleep, and I'm going to take the trash out so I don't forget to." I replied, and she nodded. We kissed each other, before I got up and left.

I threw the bags of garbage into the can, before dragging it out to the end of my driveway. I looked up and saw a man doing the same down the road, and I waved.

He smiled and waved back, and I never did realize that that man was Olivia's husband, the one that would father her amazing child in the future.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D