12. Fangs, Fur, and Female. (Virgil)

Being a prince is too hard, I said. Next time let me be a dog, I said. NEXT TIME I SHOULD LEARN TO SHUT UP! I looked around the room as my anxiety began to bubble up more and more. I just keep waiting for someone to call me out. They have to be able to tell, right? Why did do this? Why did I come here?

"We're ready to start now." Shit. Ok, Virgil calm down. Things will be easier once you go through with this. You've watched plenty of Anime to know that the only way to survive in this is to be an adventurer. I followed the woman back into this room with books and papers. And a very scary looking battleaxe hanging on the wall. "Please fill this out for me."

"Yeah, ok." I glanced at the sheet, with aprehension. The very first question was, what class am I? I am not a fighter. My last life proved that. Swords are defenetly not my thing. Weapons in general are a nope so that pretty much takes everything. Unless I decided to go with mage. Magic and monsters, what am I even doing here?

 I managed to fill out the page but ended up just staring at it. I had to bullshit a lot of it because unlike last time. I was given no indication of any background. I'm a blank slate. Regardless of my anxiety, I got up and handed the lady the form. "Thanks miss."

"Yeah, sure." I apsentmindedly pulled my jacket more around myself. This is so uncomfortable. The last time I was a girl was that one video, where they kept changing which friend I was. At least then it wasn't permenant. The lady went over the form and nodded at me. Once again leading me over to this table. She handed me card and book. What's with these guilds? 

"Here's you Id. Please don't lose it. And, here is your guild grimiare." 

"Grimiare?" She smiled and nodded as I opened it to find the pages empty.

"You marked mage on the form. Every new mage gets one. It's basic level, nothing special. You can sell it, use it, or wait until you get a better one. All spells learned will be immeadiatey tranfered to your personal grimiare. Which ever one you equip." Your sounding more and more like a video game. I wonder what else is game-like.  How about hotbar and auto equip? Please tell me I don't have to stand there and say this long ass chant just to use a symple spell. Anime allways frustrated me with that. You have all these superpowered people but in the time it takes them to get one spell out they could have already died. 

"Thanks..."

"It was my pleasure." I left the adventurer guild completely frazzled. When I finally got back at the hotel, I broke down. Not to tears but still. I just stood there in the mirror staring at the new me. I wasn't that different from how I used to look... The original me. I was thin and pale. I had very long straight black hair, that I put in a ponytail using a clip. I was agile, flexible. small and definatly feminine. There was no hiding it. It's not that bad though. The worst thing that being a girl gets me is getting hit on by guys...

The bad thing is not what gender I am but what species. I watched in the mirror as my typicly brown eyes went black. My canines grew and nails turned into claws. I don't even want to mention the ears. I look like a half elf. Correction, I look like a werewolf. Although a partial transition. I'm a lycan in the adventurer's guild. Like that won't get front page if ever found out.

It doesn't matter. I've come to realize the perpous in this 'curse'. That is if it really even is one. It's not about love but about understanding. That's what I asked for, to be able to understand him. For him to beable to understand me. That's why I was a prince last time. Roman is a prince. I never realized how hard it was. 

There has got to be a reason why I am a girl. Though it's most likely because he is literally the most feminine out of all of us. Embrace it Virgil! Your a girl in this life, deal with it!