11. Hanahaki... (Roman)

R̛͠is̸e̢̨̛ ͠͡a̷͝n̡͜d͞ ̧͘s҉h̸i̴̡͟n̡͝é̴,̶͢͞ R̀͘o̧̕m͏a̡n̢͠.̶͠͏

The darkness faded from my eyes and I could see I was in some sort of bedroom again. It looked more like a hotel room than a bedroom though. The sun came through the one window and lit up the room just enough to see the armor and sword. Not again...

Wa̡͟ḱ̢͢ȩ͡ ́͝u͏̛͠p̢̀͠ and̕͘ ̶s̕m̵é̛͠l̕͡ĺ̀͞ ̷t͏h͘͘ȩ ͞r̸o̢͢se̷͘s̨.̕.͘.̡̛

My throat seized up and I bolted up just in time to cough up blood and petals. Petals? Uh-oh. 

 J̢͘͘͠͝u̴̵͡͡ş͜t̕͜ ̴̀̕͟d̵̀͏o̵͢͠͏ņ̧́͝'̶̨̡̀͜t̛͘͠͝ ́͘͜ḉ͜͝h̸̶́͘̕o̶͝k̴̵͡͞͡e̡҉ ͢ơ̷̕n͏ ̴̸̧͝t̶̀h͏̨͢è̵̷͞m̡̀͟͜͝!̵̀̀͢  

I felt my throat seize up again and ended up in the bathroom. It was so bad I couldn't stop coughing. There was flowers, petals, blood, you name it. I felt like my throat and mouth were all cut up. This was horrible. When it finally stopped I just sat there in complete shock. 

Virgil was there. He was Ash. This whole time he was right there. He was right I am a total idiot. I lost him again! He... He was right... Ok, cut it out, Roman! That was hell, yes. But, crying over it won't change anything. You were stupid and let him slip through your fingers. At least now you know your Virgil is somewhere out there. You just have to find him!

I glanced at the tube and cringed. First I have to clean this... And then figure out what I'm dealing with.

-I̸ c̨̀͝an̷ ̧͜h̷͡é͟l̴p̛!̡́͡

"No thanks, I don't want your help. I'm pretty sure you've helped plenty." I pushed myself up of the ground and stumbled my way into the room. I ended up making it to the vanity before needing to sit on the chair there.

D͠ó͝n̕͏'̡͏̀t ̶̢́h̶̡͠a̛҉͘te͘͞ ̀͜me̵̡.͏ I̛'̴m͜ ̸̡͡f̢͢o҉̷̢l͘͞lo̷̵ẃ̕͟i̴͝͞n҉g͘҉͢ o͜͢r̢͜der̷͜s̴. ̷́R̷̡͡ega̴͢ŗ̶́d̸͜҉l͟ess ͡͏m̨͢y̨̛ ͏̸in̷te̸n̨t̨́͠i̸͢͠ǫ͟n ̧í̧͡s͘͢ ͟n̨ơt͠ ͏t̡́o m̴a̵̧k̶̷͏e͞ y̛o̵͜u̡ ͘͞͝s̢̢u͠f̛f̕͟͡er͝,̡͢͠ ͟͏̸b͞u͏͝t̶̀ ̸t͡͡͝o͝͏ ̕h̷e̕̕͏l҉p̢̕ ͝y͏̕o̵͜u̡҉ ̵͜͝u҉ņ̨dȩ̷̢rs͝t̵͘an̡̧d̴̀͠.́  

"Understand what?" 

Tha̵͝t͟͞'͟͡͝s͏҉ ̨f̴͠o͞͡r̨͘ ͘͢y͢o̡u͘͞ ͟t̡͜͝o͏͘҉ ͡fin̛͘d̴̛ ́ou̶t͞.

"Cryptic Bitch..." The voice began to laugh and change. It was like the distortion was slightly less harsh. I was more than confused at what was going on here.

Her̵e҉'s the ̢si̛tch̕.̷..̴ Yo͞u ha̷ve ͟the H̡an̴aháki͡ ͏D̀ise̢a͟se.

́T҉h́a̛t̢'s.̸.͜. n̸o͡t so͘mèt͡hi̶ng̡ ̸I̴ ̢j̡u̧st̀ g͡i͏v͘e̴ t̛o͜ pe͘o͢ṕl̷e ̀o̴n̡ ̢a w̛him.͝

So͝ ̶t̶o͏ c͜ount̀e̛r ţhe ̷fu͘ck̨er͜y̵ that ̢i̸s ͡tha̸t d͢ís̀e͡ase.̀.̸.

̷I'm ̧of҉fe͘r̢i̕n͢g͠ ̡y͢óu, ̧m̸y҉ ̧seŕvi̕ces̸.
͏
W̢i͢t͞h͠i̵n ̷r̢e͜as̷on of͞ ̀co̕ur̡se..͞.

A̡s a so̧ŗt ͝o͏f cḩe͠at҉ ̨s͠kill͟.

"Cheat skill?" I don't know why I am even listening to them. They are assholes and they just admitted to giving me this disease. Why would I want anything to do with them?

Y͝es̸,̡ ̷l̀įke̸ a ͘video g̡a̵me͟.

Whìch is ͢pr̢eci̶s҉e͞l̴y ̕w͟h͝a͠t̕ ͞thįs̕ ͘AU ͢is ̢mod́e̴l̸ed͏ ̕af̢te͢r.

̡Eve͠r͡ h̵e͝a҉rd of͘ S͘AO͡?

"Please, tell me were aren't in a fucking video game?"

Nó,͢ ̕bu͏t ҉a ̶fant̕asy ́type ͜worl͘d͡ wi҉t̶h mag̛i̡c ҉ąn͡ḑ ́m͘on̷ste͜r̕s,̧ y̴e͏s.̕ ͢

H͘e͠nc͝e͟ t͡he ͏of̨f̧e̴r̀ ̶o̢f͘ a̸ ch̛ea̴ţ.

"Ok, weird ass voice from the beyond. You wanna help? Where's Virgil?"

I can'͝t s̶ày. That d͏e͝fe͢a̶ts͞ ́t̴he̕ ͠p̛urp͘o͏se ǫf̶ ͜the ̧j̧o͘urn̷ey. Any͘ ͟ot̸he͠r qúestiońs͘?͝  

"Fine... I guess it doesn't exactly hurt to help. Just... who exactly am I? I mean, in the last world I was Alexander Maudit."

 R̢o̸m̸an͝,̵ l̨ook̸ i̕n t̛h͢e͜ mir͞ror.̶  

I complied. Though again not sure why I did. I looked horrible, to say the least. My eyes were bloodshot. My skin was pasty... But I was me. Well a me with the fucking Hanahaki disease.

"I'm confused." I looked at myself harder in the mirror but the image didn't change. I was me. How is this possible? I thought I was being reincarnated into different people.

Be͢caus͞e ̨t͝h̀e ̷las̀t ̨per̸s͞o̢n͠ ͠V͘įrgil̵ wo҉u͝ld͡ t͡hi̴nk͜ ̕is͜ yơu҉..̷.̴

͞W̵ou̢lḑ ͡b͡e̕ yo͏ù.

"So, I have to find him, before I die. I can't know who he is, or where he is. I'm in a world I have no knowledge about, and I have to somehow figure it out or else. Is that about it?"

Pr͜e͡t̢t͏y̛ ͜m͜uc̛h͢...̴
҉
O͘h ͏j́ųst͜ ͠one ̛m̀o̢r̀e̵ ͘t͝h́in̷g.̧

There was this bright light that flooded the room with warmth. Next thing I knew there was a woman looking back at me. She had long wavy black hair, pale skin, and bright azure eyes. The light bounced off of her as if she was the source of it. She was dressed in a gown that I would imagine Megara from Hercules would wear. She moved slightly and the light distorted around her to reveal transparent wings behind her.

"Call me Faylinn. Ok, Roman?"