9.God, I hate fighting! (Virgil)

Now I know why Roman, never spoke about the wars he was in. He only ever brought up fictitious battles like with the Dragon Witch. I hate it so much. The smell alone is enough to make me want to run and hide. I'm not bred for this. I'm Anxiety, not Bravery. 

I looked over at Roman and watched as he polished the weaponry. I prayed I would never actually have to use it. I just kept pacing the tent waiting for Deceit to give me some semblance of a plan of action, but he's a soldier, not a tactician. That would be Patton's job. He's back in Africa with Logan, and so I'm out of luck.

I glanced at Roman again and my heart skipped a beat. He's been nothing but loyal and kind. He's been this constant ray of sunshine since his arrival at the castle. He's helped me out so many times with just being there. Having him near was enough to prevent attacks, and I never even realized it was him. 

It's my fault he's here. It's my fault he got caught in the crossfire. I don't care what happens to me, I refuse to let anything happen to him. I won't cause him any more pain. He won't care in the long run... As far as he knows his Virgil is home. He already lost me. I just can't lose him.

Besides he's probably pissed at me. That's if he doesn't hate me. I cursed to this... whatever the fuck this is. I wouldn't forgive myself. I haven't forgiven myself... that is I haven't forgiven myself for getting him involved.

I never realized how much he meant to me. Even before all this, he was the one person I could count on to be straight with me. I was never afraid with him. Sure he was an ass but I didn't care. I lived for those moments. I guess I was just... I don't know anymore. It's not easy understanding emotions ok. Why do you like Logic always has such trouble?

"Can you maybe stop pacing? It's making me a bit nervious." I looked up a Roman and saw him just standing there staring at me. "If you're worried about fighting, you could always rely on me? I'm pretty amazing if you haven't figured that out yet."

"That is exactly what I don't want to do." 

"Why?" Shit. I hadn't meant to say that out loud. "Did I do something to upset you?"

"What makes you say that?" I was starting to get a little lightheaded. My nerves were getting to their breaking point and trust me when I say me past my limit is not a good thing.

"You've been distant. Ever since I fought Deceit. If that upset you than..."

"I am not upset at you." I paused and took a deep breath. It'll only get harder for him. Maybe I should just tell him. "There's something I need to tell you."

"Ok, shoot."

"Look, Ro..."

"YOUR HIGHNESS!" Random soldier one ran in out of nowhere cutting me off. "There's trouble... and we... need you..." He was out of breath and completely covered in fresh cuts. It was obvious the fighting was not going well. If I turned him down, I would be letting people die. I would be letting my people die. But if I go out there chances are I would not make it. I looked back at Roman as he grabbed the weapons. I might never get another chance. Then again like I said...

He'll never know he lost me twice.

"Head over to the medical tent. You've fought hard. Leave the rest to me."