Chapter 16: Battle With Maleficent

A/N: That's Mason's dragon form for any future chapters

+++++++++++++++

Mason's P.O.V.

Suddenly, the wand was snatched from Fairy Godmother, who was finished blessing Bethany.

We all gasped and looked at Jane. She was struggling to control the wand, which was spurting out like a sparkler.

"Child, what are you doing?!" Fairy Godmother asked her.

"If you won't make me beautiful, I'll do it myself!" Jane replied.

"Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo!" Jane said.

"Take cover!" Adam/Beast said as he pushed Bethany and Belle behind him.

I saw my Auradon friends backing away, screaming. It was then I ran and grabbed a hold of the wand as well.

"Careful, Mason!" Belle told me. I pulled with all my strength and eventually took the wand away from Jane.

I held it as I eyed everybody around me.

"Mason, give me the wand." Bethany said as she slowly walked to me.

"Stay back." I told her.

"It's okay, Mason. Please." she told me.

"Beth, I said stand back!" I yelled at her, making her flinch.

"I told you so!" Andrew said, walking forward.

I pointed the wand at him and he stepped back with his family.

I saw Harley, Jay, Carlos, and Evie all run to me, joining my side.

"Let's go." Carlos said.

"Revenge time." Jay added with a glare.

"We have to finish what our parents couldn't." Harley added.

"You really want to do this?" Bethany asked us.

"We have no choice, Bethany! Our parents-" I said, but was cut off by her.

"Your parents made their choice. Now, you make yours." she told me.

I looked at her and her parents. They were so innocent. They didn't ask for any of this to happen. They didn't want to be in conflict with our parents in the first place. I fell in love with an amazing girl and started my own path here.

Did I really want to throw all this away for something I didn't really want to do?

Something my mother forced me to do?

"I think I wanna be good." I said.

"You are good." Bethany told me.

"How do you know that?!" I asked her.

"Because I'm listening to my heart!" she said, tears starting to form in her eyes. I looked at her and I could feel warmth tugging a my heartstrings. I couldn't lie to myself anymore. I needed to be brutally honest.

"I wanna listen to my heart, too." I said. Bethany smiled at me as she wiped a tear.

That made my heart shatter and tears form in my own eyes.

"And my heart is telling me that we are not our parents." I explained, turning to my best and closest friends who were my only family.

I looked at Jay. "I mean, stealing things doesn't make you happy. Tourney and victory pizza with the team makes you happy." I explained.

He smiled at me.

I looked at Carlos. "And you, scratching Dude's belly makes you happy. Who would've thought?" I said. He smiled at me and nodded his head.