Chapter 4: A Little Self Conflict

Bethany's P.O.V.

After the picnic, it was already getting dark, so we packed up everything and went back home.

I told Audrey and Lonnie goodnight before riding back to the stables and putting Arabella back in her stall. I made sure one of the stablehands gave her enough fresh feed and water, but I decided to give her a good grooming.

After that, I went back inside to where the dorms were so I could check on the villain kids.

As I was walking, I accidently bumped into somebody, making me about to fall, but I felt a pair of arms catch me just as I was about to hit the ground. I looked and saw that Mason had caught me.

"Hey." he said.

"Hey." I replied. He set me down and I found myself looking into his eyes. He looked so attractive up close. His facial expressions and those brown eyes.

"Sorry, I didn't see you there." I told him. "It's okay." he replied.

"So, what are you doing here?" he asked. "I was just coming to see how you and your friends were doing." I explained to him.

"And you?" I asked.

"I was actually gonna go find Jay and Carlos' dorm." he explained.

I smiled and nodded. "Well, I'm gonna go home to get some sleep." I said, followed by a yawn.

"Okay. Goodnight" he said.

"Goodnight." I smiled at him before walking away.

I walked and walked until I got to mine and my parents' castle. I opened the door and got in quietly.

My parents were probably already sleeping. I slowly walked through hallways and up the stairs before I finally found my bedroom. I opened the door and got inside, trying not to make too much noise. I changed into a pair of white pajamas and a yellow tank top before I climbed into my bed and slowly drifted off to sleep, thinking about Mason.

*Dream*

I was standing at the Enchanted Lake, the sound of the water rushing and crickets chirping filling my ears. I was wearing the beautiful yellow dress my mother had wore when she danced with my dad with the yellow sleeve gloves and my hair was in beautiful curls that fell till my waist.

"Hey." I heard someone say.

I turned and saw Mason there with a smile. He was wearing a black suit. I smiled at him as I turned to face him.

"What are you doing here, stalker?" I teased him as I walked over to him. "

Just came to see my girl." he told me with a smile as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Sure." I teased him once again as I placed one hand on his shoulder and the other on his cheek.

"How long are we gonna have to wait?" I asked as I looked at the moon shining down on us before my eyes set on the ring on my finger. "

When the time is right." Mason responded.

I smiled before we both leaned in, our lips centimeters apart...

*End of Dream*

I woke up with a gasp. I sat up and looked around.

What was that?

Why did I have a dream about me and Mason together, engaged, and about to kiss? I can't have any kind of crush on him. I can't fall in love with him.

I mean, I have Andrew. I can't have a crush on Mason. I mean, the future Queen and the son of Maleficent? I don't know if we would be compatible with each other.