Chapter 3: Horseback Riding

A/N: That's Andrew on the side!

+++++++++++++++++

Mason's P.O.V.

After Bethany, Andrew, and their friends left, we were left there with Doug and Amanda.

"Hi, guys. I'm Amanda. Peter Pan's daughter." she said.

"I'm Dopey's son. As in Dopey, Doc, Bashful, Happy, Grumpy, Sleepy, and..." he said, but trailed off when he saw Evie.

"Hi-ho." he said.

"Evie." the blue-haired girl said as she walked towards him. "Evil Queen's daughter." She and Doug stared at each other for a few seconds before Doug began talking to us.

"Okay, so about your classes, we've already in the requirements already." Amanda said.

"History of woodsmen and pirates, safety rules for the Internet, and Remedial Goodness 101." Doug said.

"Let me guess, new class?" I asked. Doug and Amanda nodded.

"Come on, guys. Let's go find our dorms." I said. We all began walking to where the stairs were.

"Um, your dorms are that way, guys." Amanda said as she pointed to the other side.

We all walked, trying to find our dorms.

I found mine, which was across from Evie and Harley's and was three doors down from Jay and Carlos.

I opened it and when I did, I saw a boy that had brown eyes and black hair. "Hello. What's your name?" he asked.

"I'm Mason, Malefiefent's son." I said.

His eyes widened. "Oh, yes! Bethany's proclamation." he said. He then put down a book he was reading. "My name is Randy. My mom is Rapunzel and my dad is Eugene Fitzherbert." he said.

"Wait, I thought his name's Flynn Rider." I said.

He laughed and shook his head. "No, that was just a name he used while on the run."

"Anyway, nice to meet you." he said as we shook hands.

"So, how long are you gonna be here in Auradon?" he asked.

"I don't know, maybe after next month." I replied. He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"The day of the coronation?" he asked.

"What coronation?" I asked.

"The day Bethany is going to be crowned Queen." Randy said.

"Belle and Adam's daughter?" I said. "Yeah." he said.

"She gave us a tour earlier." I said.

The whole time, I was talking with Randy. He wasn't that bad and we got along pretty well. I guess you can say we became friends.

However, just because some people were being nice to me, doesn't mean it has stopped me from getting the wand for my mom.

But there is one person that's making this a bit hard for me to do.

And that person was Bethany.

Meanwhile....

Bethany's P.O.V.

After I gave the VKs a tour, I decided to go the stables to see Arabella. I got inside the barn and was greeted with neigh and snorts coming from the horses.

Me and my parents had 4 horses respectively. Arabella, who's my horse, a midnight black stallion named Midnight, a buckskin Arabian mare named Bella, and a gray stallion named Charlie.

"Hey, guys." I said. The horses neighed in response.

"Who wants to go for a ride?" I asked.

I heard Arabella whinny, which made me smile as I went over to where she was. "Wanna go out?" I asked.

She bobbed her head up and down. She understood me so well!

"Okay, girl." I said. I took my time tacking her up before I led her out of her stall and walked her outside.

I pulled out my cell phone and called Audrey. After about 3 rings, she answered.

"Hello?" she asked.

"Hey, Audrey." I said.

"Hey, Beth. What's up?"

"I'm taking Arabella for a ride and I was wondering if you'd like to go for a ride and a picnic?" I asked.

"Sure, I will. I have to ask my mom first. I'll pack the basket and saddle up Starlight." she said.

"Okay, I'll be on my way to your place."

"Alrighty. Bye."

"Bye."

"Let's go." I said.

I put the reins over Arabella head and stuck my foot in the stirrup before I swung my leg over her and got on her. I loved riding this beautiful horse. She has so much endurance and speed.

"Come on." I said as I lightly kicked her side's and she trotted off.

We got to Aurora and Phillip's castle in about 15 minutes. When I got there, I saw Audrey standing next to her horse, Starlight, holding a picnic basket.

My Godparents were with her. I smiled as I halted Arabella.

"Hello, Bethany." Aurora said as she, Audrey, and Phillip gave me bows. I smiled and bowed my head.

"Hello, Uncle. Auntie." I said.

"Where are you two going for your ride?" Phillip asked.

"The Hills. We're having a picnic." Audrey replied.

"Okay. Have fun, girls." Aurora said as Audrey got on Starlight, who was a light brown stallion. "Bye, Mom." Audrey said as she and her mother gave each other kisses on the cheek and Phillip smiled.

"Ready?" I asked.

"Yeah." Audrey said. I squeezed Arabella's sides and she later took off on a gallop, Audrey and Starlight right behind us.

As we were riding, I spotted another horse and rider. I looked and saw that it was my other best friend, Lonnie.

"Lonnie's here!" I said.

"Good! Let's go see her!" she said as we were making our way to Lonnie.

"Hey!" I called out just as the horses whinnied. I saw her turn as we slowed our horses down to a trot.

"Hey, girls." she said with a smile. "I was just taking Echo for a ride. What about you?" she said as she patted her black horse's neck.

"We were going to the hills for a picnic." I replied.

"Want to join us?" Audrey asked.

"I would love to." Lonnie said with a smile.

We all got our horses to go at a canter and we were at the hills in 15 minutes. We stopped the horses and got off, letting them drink water from a nearby stream.

I set up the blanket before we all set up the food. The drinks were fruit punch and the food we had were jelly donuts, cherries, sandwiches, and...STRAWBERRIES! Both plain and brown chocolate/white chocolate dipped.

"Yay! Strawberries!" I squealed as I got a white chocolate one and ate it.

Audrey and Lonnie giggled at what I did.

"So, how are things with you and Ethan?" I asked Audrey.

"Good." she said as she got a jelly donut and took a bite out of it.

"So, Lonnie, do you have your eyes on anybody yet?" I asked.

"Not yet." she said. "You will someday." I said.

Me and the girls laughed and talked just typical girl stuff while we were eating. The horses were eating grass and drinking water nearby, so we would glance at them here and there.

I loved hanging out with these two. They were like the sisters I never had. I met Lonnie about 2 years after I met Audrey. We were like the three musketeers.