Chapter 6: Strange Feelings

A/N: Here are the additional characters (OCs) I introduced in the story earlier!

   Also, thanks Jazmine_Carolina for suggesting your idea :-) It will be in this chapter and the next one

++++++++++++++++++

Bethany's P.O.V.

After the school day was finally over, I walked with Audrey, Chad, and Andrew outside as we all chatted about random things. Just then, Chad touched my shoulder.

"Those kids are trouble, Beth." he told me. I looked and saw Evie and Mason there, with Evie leaving.

"Come on, Chad. Give them a chance." I reassured him. Andrew scoffed before taking my hands.

"No offense, Babe. You're just too trusting. Look, I know that your mom fell in love with a big, nasty beast who turned out to be a prince, but with our mom, the evil fairy was just the evil fairy. That boy's mother." he explained.

'I know Mason and the others aren't like their parents. I know it.' I thought to myself.

"I think you're wrong about them." I said as I looked at Mason.

"I'll catch up with you guys later." I told them.

Audrey hugged me and Andrew kissed me before we went our separate ways.

I sighed before walking to Mason, who closed his locker, his eyes widening as he saw me.

"Hey." I greeted.

"Hey." he replied.

"So, how's your first day?" I asked him.

"Super." he replier, sarcastically.

I eyed the artwork he had done on his locker and chuckled. "Where are your friends?" I asked him.

"Evie is in class with Harley. Jay is at the tourney field, and Carlos is in class, too." he explained.

"You know, you should really think about taking this talent off the locker and into art class. I could sign you up." I explained. "What do you say?"

"Way to take the fun out of it." he replied.

His eyes looked beside me and he reached out, pulling a leaf from my hair.

'I must've gotten it earlier during gym. We did run laps after all and it was windy.' I thought to myself.

"Thanks." I told him as I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. Mason and I began to gaze into each other's eyes. My heart began fluttering in my chest as I looked into those warm, brown eyes of his.

"I gotta go." he told me before leaving.

I sighed as I leaned against the lockers.

Mason's P.O.V.

What is this feeling?

Why do I feel jealousy when she's with Andrew?

Why do I always feel weird whenever I look into those beautiful brown eyes of hers? What am I saying?! Arrrgggh!

"Dude, what's wrong?" Randy asked me as he and I were in the boy's restroom.

"I don't know, man. Whenever I see her, I always feel some weird emotions that I've never felt before." I explained as I looked in the mirror, my eyes glowing green.

"Okay, man. Calm down." he said as he put his hand on my shoulder before my eyes returned to their normal color.

"Who are you talking about?" Randy asked me.

"Bethany." I replied.

"Okay. I've felt this way before. Believe me. I've had these type of feelings for Amanda. Whenever you feel these emotions and your head gets filled with these kinds of thoughts, it means you have feelings for her. You like her, Mason." he explained.

"But, I'm a villain. I can't feel like this. I was raised to not let anything stand in my way." I told him.

"Trust me, with Bethany, you can feel anything. I'll admit, I did have a crush on her when I was younger. Even Chad, Doug, and Ethan were infatuated with her as well. However, we all got over it when she began dating Andrew." he told me.

"So, what should I do?" I asked him.

"Try and spend more time with her. Get to know her more. What class do you have next?" he asked me.

"I have a free period." I replied.

"So does she. She's usually at one of the tables outside. You should go and talk to her there." he suggested.

I nodded before he patted my back and left the restroom. I got out my spell book and flipped through the pages and found a self-confidence spell that could be used for trying to talk to someone but you can't seem to.

"Although it is never broken, crack the shell inside me open." I said as I made the hand signs and the spell worked.

Okay. Here goes nothing.

Bethany's P.O.V.

"Beth, those kids don't deserve to be here. They're the children of the villains who tried to kill most of our parents." Andrew told me as I tried to finish my math homework.

"Andrew. Just because they're villain children doesn't mean that they're exactly like them. If they really tried to kill or hurt us, they would've done it by now." I reassured him.

"But, they still don't deserve to be here. This is a place for heroes. They have been too busy trying to hurt us." he kept ranting.

I finally had enough and slammed my hand against the table. "I need you to stop talking! They're not so bad if you just give them a break!" I yelled at him.

Andrew stayed silent, since never in our relationship have I yelled at him.

I sighed and cleared my throat. "I am gonna have to ask you to leave. I have stuff I need to finish." I told him.

He scoffed and got up before leaving. 'Man, why did I even choose to date him in the first place? He's such a jerk.' I thought to myself as I lay chin on my hand.

"Hey."

I looked up and saw Mason there. I smiled at him.

"Hey, Mason. What's up?" I asked him.

"I just came by to see you. I saw what happened with Andrew just now and wanted to see how you were holding up." he explained.

"I'm okay, I guess. You know, I really thought he would be okay with my decision of letting you all come. If he really loved me, he would accept it." I told him.

He sat down in front of me and looked at me. "You know, a pretty girl like you doesn't deserve to be with a spoiled brat like him." he told me.

"Believe me, you aren't the only one who has said that." I told him as I ran a hand through my hair.

"Who else has said it?" he asked.

"Lonnie, Doug, Amanda, Randy, even Fairy Godmother." I replied.

"You know, I really enjoy talking to you. Maybe tomorrow, we should study together and maybe talk more in the future." I told him.

Mason chuckled and nodded. Just then, the bell for next period rang. Mason groaned in frustration.

"Hey, you okay?" I asked him.

"Um, yeah. I'm fine." he replied.

"What class do you have?" I asked.

"English." he replied. "So do I. We can walk together." I told him. He nodded before we got up and began walking together.