Chapter 15: The New Queen Of Auradon

A/N: Ignore the masquerade mask

++++++++++++++++

Bethany's P.O.V.

"You ready?" Audrey asked me as she and Lonnie watched me put my necklace on.

Today was the day I become the new Queen of Auradon. I was so nervous, I felt like I was going to faint. I was already in my dress and my makeup was done.

"I think so." I replied as I got my hair done.

"You nervous?" Lonnie asked.

"Yes." I replied.

"Don't worry, Beth. We're right here with you. You're going to make a terrific queen. You'll do great." she explained.

"She's right. Just focus on how amazing it will be. You'll be bringing more changes to Auradon that not even our parents were were able to." Audrey added.

I grabbed both their hands and looked into their eyes. "I'm so grateful to have you two as my best friends. Everyone else doubted me and my decisions, but you were the only ones who supported me and stood by my side. I'm happy to consider you two my sisters. I love you." I told them.

Their eyes began getting teary. "Oh, don't make me cry." Audrey said before I hugged them.

"But, seriously. Thank you, girls." I told them before pulling away.

They hugged me back and we all walked outside. There was a horse-drawn carriage with Mason already there, the marching band, and people holding flags.

"Let's do this." I said as they grabbed my hands, leading me down the stairs.

I smiled as I saw Mason there. He was incredibly handsome today.

He was wearing a black suit with a purple tie. His hair was just the way I liked it and he was just...perfect.

I smiled as he took my hand and kissed it gently. "You look very beautiful, Babe." he told me.

"Thanks, Mason. You look very handsome as well." I told him.

He helped me get onto the carriage and he followed soon after. The driver urged the horses to go and they did, the marching band following behind us.

I felt butterflies in my stomach as we passed by lines of Auradon people throwing petals and holding banners, flags, and waving.

It was then Mason grabbed my hand and squeezed it gently. "Don't be nervous. I'm right here and I won't let anything happen." he told me.

"You sure about that?" I asked him. He gently caressed my cheek with a warm smile.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure." he told me.

Mason leaned in and gently kissed me. I smiled and kissed him back. We pulled away and he kissed my forehead. He took off his silver ring that had the face of a dragon on it and placed it on my right ring finger. He kissed it and looked at me. I smiled as I lay my head on his shoulder.

Soon, we were at the castle and I took a deep breath, still holding Mason's hand.

"Oh, I forgot. Here's a little something for you." he said.

It was then he pulled out a small box. "Wow, thanks." I told him as I opened it, revealing a small, chocolate cupcake.

"It's just a little something for later. Just some carbs to give you energy." he said.

I tried not to giggle, since I knew what he was trying to do. It was already to late, but I decided to play along.

"Well, I can't wait." I said, biting the cupcake.

"No!" he exclaimed. I chewed it, looking at him with a fake look of confusion.

"It's really good. Thanks for making this." I said.

"You feeling okay or anything?" he asked.

"Oh, yeah. Totally fine." I replied. "Do you still have strong feelings for me?" he asked.

Time to mess around with him.

"I don't know. Let's give the anti-love potion a few minutes to take effect." I said. He nodded his head.

"Okay." he replied.

Three...Two...One.

"Wait, what?" he asked. I burst into a fit of giggles, blushing in the process .

"You knew?!" he asked.

"That you spelled me? Yep." I replied.

"I'm so sorry, Bethany. I didn't mean to-" he started, but I put my hand up.

"No, no, no. I completely understand. You had a crush on me, I was with Andrew, but I don't blame you." I said.

He chuckled slightly. "So, how long have you known?"

"Since our first date. Your spell washed away in the Enchanted Lake." I explained.

"I see. So, you've just been faking everything since then?" Mason asked.

I looked at him with a serious, but loving face as I placed hand on his cheek. I leaned in and kissed his other cheek.

"I haven't been faking anything." I said.

He smiled at me and before I knew it, the carriage stopped.

The door was opened for us and Mason stepped out before holding his hand out. I smiled and took it as he helped me off.

We walked up the stairs until we got to my parents. I felt a little nervous, since Mason and I haven't talked to them since the Family Day fiasco.

"Listen, about the other day-" Mason started, but was cut off my Dad.

"I told Bethany that this wasn't going to be easy." he said. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"You also told me a good Queen should believe in herself and stand up for what she believes in." I explained.

"I did?" he asked. Mom lightly slapped his chest.

"Um, how very wise of me." he finished.

Mom then took my hands in hers. "We're very proud of you, Honey. Words can't describe it." she told me.

"Thanks, Mom." I told her as she hugged me.

"You're going to make a fine queen." Dad told me. They left before I looked at Mason.

"Wish me luck." I told him. He smiled before giving my forehead a kiss.

"Good luck." he said.

I took a deep breath as I walked up the rest of the stairs. I coul hear the choir singing and it made the butterflies in my stomach increase.

Soon, the doors opened and I saw the entre kingdom inside on both the ground and the balcony. I saw Jay, Evie, Carlos, who was holding Dude, and Harley. They sent me smiles and I returned them.

I walked down the isle as the people I passed bowed down. I saw Mason in the very front next to Lonnie, Ethan, and Audrey. I sent him a smile as I walked up the steps.

Fairy Godmother greeted my parents before I knelt down in front of them. She took my mother's crown off her head and gently placed it on my head.

I saw my parents smiling down at me and Mom was trying not to cry tears of joy. Dad lifted the glass, revealing the wand. Mom handed it to Fairy Godmother, who then stood in front of me.

"Do you solemnly swear to govern the peoples of Auradon with justice and mercy as long as you shall reign?" she asked.

"I do solemnly swear." I replied.

"Then, it is my honor and my joy to bless our new queen." she said as she waved her wand.

Soon, a bright light surrounded me and before I knew it, I was blessed.

I couldn't believe it! I was finally the new queen of Auradon!

However, everybody gasped at what happened next.....