Chapter 7: Breakups & New Friends

Bethany's P.O.V.

After class was over, I walked out with Mason.

"Well, that was so boring." he told me. I smiled as I pat his back.

"Yeah, you'll get used to it." I replied. "I'm just glad the day is over." he said.

Suddenly, I felt somebody tap my shoulder. I turned and saw Randy there.

"What's up, Randy?" I asked him. "The coach asked for you. He's wondering if you can help Carlos out." he explained.

"Sure. I'll be there." I told him. He smiled before he left and I saw him talking with Lonnie. I chuckled as I knew of their crushes on each other.

"I gotta go, Mason. I'll see you later." I said. He nodded before we walked in different directions.

It was then I heard yelling coming from inside. Curious, I went in and saw none other than Andrew in a heated argument with Harley.

"You and your friends are diseases! You have no place here in Auradon and never will! Stay away from Bethany and our friends or I won't hesitate to report you!" he yelled at her.

"Oh, shut it, crybaby! Remember, I'm a demigod and I have powers which I won't hesitate to use on you, you spoiled, self-centered, piece of-" Harley got cut off as I ran over to them and pushed them apart.

"Enough! Both of you! Harley, I'm so sorry about him. Go to wherever you were going. Andrew, you come with me!" I told the daughter of Hades as I grabbed Andrew's arm and pulled him with me outside, where it was just us outside. Everybody else was gone. I slapped him across the face in anger.

"What did I say?! Give them a chance!" I yelled at him.

"Oh, please, Bethany! They aren't gonna last here and they will destroy us and you know it! None of them belong here! Especially that son of Maleficent!" he shouted back.

"What's wrong with him?" I asked. "You're putting yourself in danger by talking to him!" he explained.

"Are you kidding me? Are you jealous or something?" I asked.

I finally had enough of this. If he can't accept my decision, then so be it!

"You know what?! Fine! You can complain as much as you want! I will not change my mind! If you can't accept my decision, then you don't deserve to be my boyfriend! I bet you only used me for a popular image since before we even started dating, you were just behind your sister! I hope you will keep quiet, because you and I are done!" I yelled at him as I gave him one last slap before leaving.    

I made my way to the tourney field and I saw Carlos and the Coach there waiting. "Oh, Bethany. Would you give Carlos a test on how fast he is?" he asked me.

"Sure." I said as he gave me a stopwatch and clipboard before leaving.

"Okay, Carlos. We're gonna do some sprints. You ready?" I asked him. He nodded and I started the stopwatch as he sprinted, with the dog, Dude following him.

"Good job!" I said as I stopped the clock and he passed me. I noticed he kept running with Dude chasing after him.

"Carlos? Carlos!" I said as I dropped the clipboard and  ran after the two.

I ended up in the woods close to the school. "Carlos!" I called out.

"Bethany! Bethany!" he replied. I got to the spot and picked up the dog.

"Beth, help me! This thing is a killer! He's gonna chase me down and rip out my throat! This is a vicious, rabid pack animal!" he said in panic.

"Wait. Who told you that?" I asked him. "My mother." he replied.

'Poor kid. How did he survive with his mom?'

"Cruella?" I asked. "She's a dog expert. A dog yellower." he explained.

I chuckled as I petted Dude. "Why are you holding him? He's gonna attack you!" he cried as he clung to the tree.

"Carlos, you've never actually met a dog, have you?" I asked him.

"Of course not." he replied.

"Dude, meet Carlos. Carlos, this is Dude. He's the campus mutt." I explained to him.

"He doesn't look like a vicious, rabid pack animal." he said.

"Of course, he doesn't. He's too lovable." I told him as he came down from the tree.

"Jeez. You're a good boy, aren't you?" he asked the dog.

I smiled and handed Dude to the young boy, who gladly took him in his arms. "Guess you guys have it pretty rough on the island." I told him. "Yeah. Let's just say we don't get a lot of belly rubs." he said with a slightly sad expression.

"I'll give you two some time and come to the field when you're done. By the way, you're a pretty good runner." I explained.

"Thanks, Bethany." he said.

"Call me Beth." I said. He smiled and nodded before I walked off.

(Bethany):
Don't let no small frustration
Ever bring you down
No, no, no, no
Just take a situation
And turn it all around

With a new attitude everything can change
Make it how you want it to be
Stay mad, why do that? Give yourself a break
Laugh about it and you'll see

Life's what you make it
So let's make it rock
Life's what you make it
So come on, come on, come on, everybody now

Why be sad broken hearted?
There's so much to do
Life is hard or it's a party
The choice is up to you

With a new attitude everything can change
Make it how you want it to be
Stay sad, why do that? Give yourself a break
I know you want to party with me

Life's what you make it
So let's make it rock
Life's what you make it
So come on, come on, come on, everybody now

Let's celebrate it, join in everyone
You decide 'cause life's what you make it

Things are looking up anytime you want
All you gotta do is realize that
It's under your control
So let the good times rock and roll!

C'mon everybody
Do it now
All right, let's get the party started
Yeah, yeah, yeah, now that's a party
Yeah, yeah, put your hands together

Life's what you make it
So let's make it rock, let's make it rock
Life's what you make it
So come on, come on, come on, everybody now

Let's celebrate it, join in everyone
You decide 'cause life's what you make it, aww yeah
Life is what you make it

Carlos came back with Dude. "You have an incredible voice, Beth." he complimented me.

"Thanks." I replied. I saw Dude lick his cheek.

"Guess someone's taken a liking to you." I told him.

"Really? I have noticed the same thing but not with an animal." he explained.

"Let me guess, Mason?" I asked.

"How did you know?" he asked. "It's just a guess. I can be wrong." I replied.

"You probably aren't." the son of Cruella De Vil said. I smiled as we both walked together, getting to know one another.