Chapter 10: Spelling Bethany

Mason's P.O.V.

Bethany and I were walking to her room, hand-in-hand. It was already dark. She helped me sneak into the castle. As much as I didn't want to, I had to give her the love potion. 

"So, how will the other Auradon kids react to this?" I asked her. 

"Don't worry. If they don't accept it, then they're losers. At least I can give you a chance to experience." she said. 

"I can't help but feel like everything's on me. Like, as if I'm responsible for something happening." I told her. 

"I know how it feels to have somebody say that you did something when you know you didn't." she explained.

We got to her room and our hands separated. "Well, I gotta go. See you." she said as she was about to open her door, but I placed my hand on her shoulder. 

"Wait. There's something I want to give you first." I told her. She looked at me in confusion. It was then I got out the cookie that was in a small plastic bag.

"I heard that you love chocolate, so I made you some cookies. Well, I ate the rest, but I saved one for you." I explained. 

"Wow. Thanks, Mason." she told me as she took the cookie. She opened the bag and took the cookie out. Bethany bit the cookie and chewed it before swallowing. She coughed a bit before she leaned against the door frame for support. I went to her and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Bethany, you okay?" I asked her. She stopped coughing and looked at me. It was then she smiled wide and had a look in her eyes that I couldn't explain. 

"I'm fine. As long as I have my knight in shining armor around." she said as she wrapped an arm around my neck. 

Oh, crap. It actually worked. 

Bethany is under the spell.

 I can't believe it actually worked.

"Um, maybe you should get to bed." I told her. 

"Come on, Baby. Can we hang out?" she asked. 

"Not tonight. A princess needs her beauty sleep." I explained. 

She sighed before nodding. "Okay, Mason. Well, Goodnight." she told me before she kissed my cheek. I stood there frozen as she closed the door.

I regained my composure before walking to Jay and Carlos' room. I opened the door and saw the whole gang there. 

"So, how did it go?" Jay asked.

"It worked. Our plan is going well. She's under the spell." I explained. They all cheered as I smirked. 

Now, I don't have to worry about disappointing my mother anymore.