Chapter 5: Another Day At School

Bethany's P.O.V.

I woke up the next morning with the birds chirping and the shiny sun covering me. 

I got up and stretched before I went to the bathroom and freshened up. 

After that, I blow-dried my hair before it went back into it's normal style. I picked out a yellow cardigan, sea green dress, white stockings, and brown boots. I decided to leave my face natural.

 It actually feels good without makeup.

After I was done getting ready, I went outside and walked to the stables. I found Arabella and smiled as I went to her. 

"Hey, babygirl." I told her as I gently stroked her head. She nuzzled my cheek in response, making me giggle. 

"Wanna go for a ride?" I asked her. She began nipping at her stall door. 

"Okay, girl. We will." I told her. I got her saddle and bridle and led her out of the stall before I tacked her up and she was ready to go.

I swung my leg over Arabella before I positioned myself on her. I lightly squeezed her sides and she was off walking. Just then, I saw Midnight running loose, almost into the forest. 

"Oh no! After him, girl!" I told her as I urged her to gallop and she was off like lightning. She was running as fast as she could as we were trying to catch up to Midnight.

When we got to him, we were close to catching him. I got a rope and lassoed him before we were calm and stopped running. "Why did you escape, boy?" I asked him. 

He just snorted and kept his head down. "I'm not mad at you, babyboy. It's okay." I told him as we made our way back to the stable. 

I put Midnight back in his stall before I untacked Arabella and put her in her stall. "I'll be back later. Love you." I told them as I kissed each of their shouts and walked off to Auradon Prep.

When I was finally at Auradon Prep, I ate breakfast and walked to my History class.

 I found an empty seat next to Audrey. "Hey, girlie." I told her with a smile. 

She looked up at me and gave me a warm smile. "Hey, Beth." I sat down and got out my notebook. 

"Okay, class. Today we will be learning about pirates." the teacher said.

Mason's P.O.V.

I woke up with Randy shaking me. "Wake up. We're gonna be late for school." he told me. 

I got up from the bed and got changed into a black leather jacket, midnight purple V-neck shirt, black jeans, and black boots. I got my fingerless gloves and when I was done, I headed out to the library. 

I went in and saw Evie, Harley, Jay, and Carlos all sitting down. I decided to take a seat in front of Jay and Carlos. 

Just then, Fairy Godmother came in.

"Good morning, everybody. Welcome to goodness class. I will be your teacher." she said with a bright smile. 

I took out some paper before I began drawing what came to my mind. "Before we get started, I will have my teaching aide be here just in case."

I looked up and saw the one I didn't expect to see. It was Bethany. She looked more beautiful than yesterday. Her chocolate brown hair fell past her shoulders and her eyes had that sparkle in them that always made me get lost in thought when I saw her.

"Hello. Earth of Mason." I heard Jay sat as he waved his hand in front of my face. 

"Sorry. Just fell in thought." I told him. 

Was I literally staring at Bethany for that long? I just shook my head and resumed with my drawing. 

"If someone hands you a crying baby, do you (A). Curse it (B). Lock it in a tower, (C.) Give it a bottle, or (D.) Carve out its heart?" Fairy Godmother asked. Evie raised her hand. 

"Evie?"

"What was the second one?" she asked. 

I rolled my eyes and gave her a 'Really?' look. 

"Oh, okay. Anyone else?" Fairy Godmother asked. Everybody was silent, not wanting to answer or just bored out of their minds. 

"Pick the answer that best fits the question for what you do here in Auradon." Bethany said.

 "Why don't you answer it, Mason?"

I looked up at Bethany and the Fairy Godmother before I put down my pencil I was drawing a picture of the wand with. "(C). Give it a bottle." I answered. 

"Correct, again." Fairy Godmother said with a smile. 

"You are on fire, bro." Carlos said. 

"Just pick the one that doesn't sound like any fun." I said. 

"Oh." everybody said. 

"That makes much sense." Evie said.

Just then, I heard a squeal, making me turn my head and see a girl about our age with short black hair and blue eyes, wearing a pale blue dress and holding a clipboard. 

"Hello, dear one." Fairy Godmother greeted. 

"Hi. You need to sign this for early dismissal of the coronation." the girl said as she gave the Fairy Godmother the board.

"Good morning, Jane." Bethany greeted the girl. 

"Hi, Bethany. Good morning." Jane said, bowing to her. 

"Everybody here knows my daughter, Jane." Fairy Godmother said. 

"Mom, no!" Jane whispered/yelled. 

Fairy Godmother gave her back the clipboard. "It's okay. Jane, this is everyone." 

"Hi." the poor girl said shyly. 

Seems like she doesn't have any friends cause of how shy she is. 

"That's okay. Don't mind me. As you were." she said before running off with a squeal. 

"Let's continue." Fairy Godmother said as she went back to the board. 

"You find a vile of poison. Do you (A.) Put it in the king's wine, (B.), Paint it on an apple, or (C.), Turn it over to the proper authorities?" she asked. 

Evie, Harley, Jay, and Carlos all raises their hands, Carlos and Jay trying to put down each other's arms. 

"Jay?" Fairy Godmother asked him.

"(C.) You turn it over to the proper authorities." he said. 

"I was gonna say that!" Carlos said. "Oh, but I said it first." Jay said before the two boys started tackling each other on top of the table. 

Evie was fixing her makeup up (as usual), Harley was looking with a bored expression, and I sent them a glare.

"Are they always like this?" Bethany asked me. 

"Pretty much." I replied. "It makes me frustrated to the bone." 

Bethany giggled with a smile on her face. "I hope they're not bothering you." I told her. 

"No, no. It's fine. Guess that's what best friends do sometimes." she replied.

"Boys." Fairy Godmother said with a tap of her ruler. They didn't listen to her. "Boys!" she yelled, catching their attention. 

"I'm gonna encourage you to use that energy on the Tourney Field." she told them. 

"Uh, no, it's okay. Whatever that is, we'll pass." Carlos said.

I groaned as I placed my head on the desk, making Bethany do that adorable giggle of hers.

Wait, what? 

Did I just call her adorable? 

Oh, boy. I better not be having feelings for this girl. I just met her yesterday and don't really know her that well. 

'Snap out of it, Mason! You're only here to get the wand and that's it!' I mentally screamed to myself.

I will not fail my mother and make her more disappointed in me than she already is.