chapter 25 baypaw

The cave faded as we all touched the water. I see a green forest, lush grasses. " welcome, Baypaw, Sierrapaw, and Ebonypaw, Starclan, has things to show you."
Baypaw, looked around to see that it was only her and the other 2 cats in starclan.
She could scent the mouth watering scent of prey, feel the cool breeze of green leaf. Everything is so peace fit here. The grass cool to her paws, she saw Sierrapaw chasing a butterfly, Ebonypaw trying to fish, how can it be so calm here?
But then the scenes changed and she saw dark clouds coming in as to blot out the sun! Terror and fear gripped the cats!
They howled in fear of the unknown. Baypaw tried to summon her ice but it was gone! Her mind froze howxcoikd it be gone ?
" patience little ones, your powers will be restored later but for now you are to listen and watch"

The scene changed once more and Baypaw, saw a pool and in that pool was a image.
"This is shows how you three got your powers, only in unity is there strength. Watch and learn" spottedleaf fades.

The island was still, the frost glinted off the edges of the lake the cold air forming fog over the waters. The cats of starclan looked on the winter wonderland of the clans home.
Four old fading cats sat around the watching pool. Midnight stood with them her berry bright eyes sad.
"The time for the next generation of elements to form." Midnight spoke as the blue white she cat narrowed her white eyes.
"The danger the clans face is worse than we first thought, a prophet will come along the dark forest as was prophesied since the clans began. Only the three and the fourth can safe the clans." The ice Color she cat frowned at Midnight harsh but true words.
"Icestar, whom will you give your power to?" The badger nodded to the Pool in its waters was a litter of kittens nursing at their mother belly. Her identity unkown..
Icestar flicked her white tail to a small white she cat with flame colored paws and tail, her ears and muzzle black. "Her," she growled. Howls of protest filled the island. "She was to be my clans new med cat! How dare you pick her for your cruel element?!" A black she cat with dark green eyes snarled at Icestar. "Hold your tongue," snapped Midnight. "Her destiny has changed as they all have been, what was is now what has been, a new path is now forged for these young cats. A hard destiny at that.!" The black she cat gave one final snarl at Icestar before backing into the ranks of starclan.
"Is your decision final?" Midnight stared hard at the she cat. She nodded. "Very well, as Guardian of Starclan. I Midnight, here by Grant this kit with the element power of Ice. May this young cat weld her power for good or evil the choice is hers,"
The wind stirred icy cold as the spirits a proved of the choice.
With her choice complete Icestar took her place beside three other cats.
Black as night with flecks of white a second cat stepped forth. Blizzardsong, a Tom sat down and looked into the pool.
His gaze was drawn to the lean shape of a blue black tomkit.
"I choose him for my element of Water. To control and master to bend the water to his will.,"
Midnight gazed around for objections finding none she said the words sending the power of water to this young tom.
"BLIZZARDSONG, are you To be this cat Mentor? ?"
"Let another cat I don't care for this," growled the tom. Midnight narrowed her eyes at the cat.
"You are the one the spirits have chosen to guide this cat,"
Blizzardsong bared his teeth.
"I don't want the job,"
"I was killed by water, how are we to guide these kits when their very own element can kill them?"
Midnight held the tuxedo's furious green eyes.
" you will train this cat."
The badger turned from the tom. Only uncertainty fill her heart as the next cat stepped forward. Though nothing wrong with this cat Midnight did not trust him.
The next cat came forth, solid red with a black tipped tail. The she cat turned her milky white eyes to the kittens.
"I choose the grey kit. Even though she is not blood kin to the others I see a dark path and I want her! My element is perfect for her," the red she cat smirked as gasps filled the hollow. The star clan cats arched their backs and bared there teeth.
"WYNTERflame how did you get here? Your place is not among the stars!" Growled Midnight.
Wynterflame narrowed her miky eyes as though she could see. "I go were I please as the the holder of the Darkness / night element I do as I please. And I place my element onto this kit so she may rule above all,"
With a snarl Wynterflame touch the pool sending her power to the gray kit. The kit writhed and then fell back to suckling.
"That was a mistake!! your not to be this kits mentor!!!! What has happened will change the clans one way or another."
Midnight flattened herself to the ground baring her needle sharp teeth. With a squeal she lunged at Wynterflame the she cat laughed as darted away from the enraged badger.
"Your getting slow in your old age Midnight darling, shame you used to be so much fun,"
Midnight snarled instead of replied to the taunt of the cat.
Wynterflame smirked, then she closed her eyes and vanished.
A cold wind rushed over the cats of starclan. Could the Dark Forest have so much power already?

Three of the four kits have been elemented with the gifts. remains.

The last cat came forth from the back of the crowd. Long black fur with white stripes. Dark orange eyes.
Smoke curled from his paws, sparks crackling in his fur. Bengalsnow surveyed Midnight, his fur standing on end.
"I pick the golden shecat. Her element is as dangerous as Ice, but far more wild. I teach her to embrace the flames. Bend them to her will. For darkness must have light."
Bengalsnow blinked at the badger as if wondering if she will reject him.
She did not. He smiled.
Midnight looked down at the four kits. On these kits shoulders held the fate of all the clans.
"I wish to give the grey kit two menters. I do not want the Dark forest to take these kits to there side. You may be of an element or not your job is to guide this kit in the ways of the truth. If she wishes to be guided by us at all. Remember all cats has a free will to choose light or dark."
No cat came forth for a cricket chirp, then a small cat , his fur pale yellow and white , his eyes green and yellow.
"I will help keep this cat on the right path.,"
Midnight looked at the small stature of this cat her gaze drawn to the fact that his tail was bobbed.
"Very well Littlesong,"
Littlesong smiled. His miss matched eyes gleaming with happyness.
Midnight raised her voice to address Starclan her eyes bright but shadowed with concerned.
"Let the Prophecy begin,"
But even as the chosen gave their gifts to these cats one cat slunk off from the group to give a an extra gift to one of the four.
The tall calico tom with dark green vanished into the night.
A red kit appeared unbeknownst to the watching cats. It seems  one of the four kits Is not the true fourth. , this kit chose it's own power.

///////////////

BAYPAW, Looked at her friends a thought filled her mind. are we kin?
She looked at Hawkfrost...we need to get back to the clans.....Darkus.... she felt a song pull her to Hawkfrozt,
I wonder if I'm really shadowclan.... Sierrapaw, growled at the entrance of the cave as a new cat came forth smelling of mud and covered in it.
It seems that only I hawk frost and ebonypaw, Sierrapaw, had this dream. I wonder what the others dreamed of.....
Crowfeather, rushed out to greet the new cat. HAWKFROST, turned to us, "I have something to tell you three, but for now we must get ready for battle....with or without your powers."

"What are you doing back crowfeather? BROOK, YOU GUYS ARE DEAD!!" Cried the new cat.
Crowfeather growled at him. "We have come back to help Graig."