Chapter 9: A Date? Part 2

The feeling off being followed got stronger with every step I took, so I stopped to examine my surroundings and to my surprise we were being followed just not in the way I thought we were. It was just a stray kitten straggling along behind us.

"It's just a cat." Daniel chuckled.

I silently laughed to myself. I really thought I was being followed by someone when in actuality it was just some stray cat.

We made it to the entrance of the parking lot when we heard a loud crash. Our heads both snapped in the direction of the sound. Just behind us was a man who had apparently knocked over a trash can causing all that noise. It wasn't any of our problem so we just continued walking.

"Hey! Hey!" The man called out to us.

"I think he's talking to us." I said to Daniel.

" I know just keep walking."

"What if he needs our help or something." and with that being said Daniel sighed then turned in the direction of the man. He was now not too far behind us.

"Stop." He shouted. As he got closer it was easier to see who he was, what he was wearing and the ID he had around his neck.

"We have to go." Daniel said grabbing my hand. We turned in the direction of where we parked but that's when we realized that we were now surrounded by paparazzi.

Why we're we being surrounded by paparazzi it's not like we're celebrities or anything so what did they want with us? What the fuck is going on? I'm not a celebrity or did anything that demands this sort of attention, so it couldn't have been me and I highly doubt it was Daniel. If he was a celebrity wouldn't I have known. Plus he would have told me. Wouldn't he?

A million questions were spinning around in my head and I wanted answers now!

"Hey Diggy who's this?" One reporter asked. Who was he referring to as Diggy?

"Where you going Diggy?" Another shouted as Daniel and I started to push through the crowd of people.

"Diggy are you guys dating?" The one who started to ask questions asked.

"I'm sorry but you must have us mistaken." I stopped and shouted to them. Neither of us were this Diggy person and we sure weren't celebrities.

They laughed. " She's so cute." One snickered.

"Let's just go Tee." Daniel said pulling on my arm again.

"So Daniel what happened to Jessica. Aren't you guys dating?"

How did they know that his name was Daniel?

By this it all hit me. They must have been referring to him as Diggy all along. But why?

We continued pushing through until we finally made it to the car and even when we were finally inside they still surrounded the vehicle.

We pulled out off the parking lot, finally getting rid off the paparazzi.

I was staring out the window trying to paste things together on my mind when Daniel broke the lingering silence between us.

"Sooo..." He exclaimed.