Chapter 21: Valentine's Day

Daniel's POV

Tomorrow is Valentine's Day and I'm still clueless on what to give Tia but I knew it had to be perfect. I've been searching high and low, brainstorming for the perfect idea but it was like my mind and body were in a whole different place and when I thought that I was finally out of ideas a light bulb clicked on in my head and I did the best thing I could think of. I picked up my phone searched and searched until I came over the contact I was looking for in my phone. I quickly called the number and anticipated an answer.

Tia's POV

I woke up to my phone vibrating on my pillow. As I regained full consciousness. I had to squint my eyes close just as soon as I opened them. The sun was up and it's rays where shinning inside my bedroom hurting my sensitive eyes as they adjusted to the light from being in darkness for so long.

"Hello." I spoke softly into the phone.

"Happy Valentine's Day my Valentine." I heard Daniel's smooth voice say over the phone as I blushed.

"Aww thank you baby and Happy Valentine's Day to you too."

"So what are your plans for today?" He asked.

"Well I was thinking that as soon as I get up-"

"Wait your still sleeping?"

"Yes I'm still sleeping. I've got to get my beauty sleep if I'm planning on spending all day with you."

"Mhm... Ok fair enough."

"I was thinking that maybe we could-" I was interrupted yet again.

"Sorry but I already made plans." He boasted.

"Is that so." I countered.

"Yes ma'am and I'll be by at about 8 so be ready."

"You know I don't like surprises."

"And you know I know you don't like surprises but I do like seeing your reaction when you find out what the surprise is." I heard him laugh.
...

I was putting the finishing touches on my makeup when the doorbell rang. I placed my lipstick down before exiting my bathroom to get the door.

"Hey handsome." I greeted Daniel.

"Hey beautiful." He responded before kissing my lips. We parted after a short minute of kissing.

"You look cute." I complimented him.

" Cute? Just cute if you ask me I'm sexy."

"Maybe a little of both but that lipstick you're wearing makes you look more cute. It brings out the color in your eyes." I teased.

"What lipstick? That's my natural lip color."

"Natural lip color my ass. Look." I said handing him my compact mirror before doubling over in laughter at his facial reaction.

"You could have just ask me for some of my lipstick if you liked it so much." I continued to tease him.

"It does look fabulous on me though." He said flipping his imaginary weave. At this point I couldn't hold my laughter in anymore I was laughing so hard I was doubled over with tears in my eyes. It's a good thing I was wearing water proof mascara or else it would have been running all over my face.

"Come here." He called me over while I tried recovering from my laughter.

"W-what?"

"Come here" He smirked. I could see the sly look in his eyes and knew he was up to nothing good. Every step he took forward I took two back until he sprinted towards me. I tried to run away from him but its not that easy running around in six inch heels. He grabbed me by my waist and spun me around a few times.