Chapter 30: Sob Stories and Sorries

Daniel's POV

"I don't know it just happened mom." I tried defending myself. I was currently being held hostage at my parent's house while being interrogated by them. I had to tell them what happened since they kept calling Tia and not getting an answer.

"It didn't just happen Daniel. It wasn't magic, you had to know what was happening! " My mom said as she ran a hand over her forehead frustratedly.

"It was all Jessica's fault she pushed up on me. She basically raped m-" I didn't even get a chance to finish saying what I wanted to say before my mom jumped in. This was becoming a trend now and frankly speaking, it was slowly ticking me off.

"Don't you dare place all the blame on her you both are to blame!" Her voice was higher than ever now, "I raised you better than this Daniel. I'm so disappointed in you and Jessica. I expected better from you guys especially. How do you feel now for hurting that poor girl's feeling like that. Did you even tried apologizing?" She continued.

"What do you think I've been doing all along," I resumed pacing, " I've tried calling, texting, everything but she won't respond to anything." I wasn't even going to comment on how I felt.

"See you should have known this was going to happen." She added.

"I didn't think that -". I tried to talk but was again interrupted. 

"Don't even try to explain yourself because as far as I can see you didn't think at all."

"Can you stop saying that!?"

"Maybe I'll consider doing so  when you start using the head that's on your shoulders instead of the one  between your legs."

Tia's POV

I've been laying in the same spot since the whole incident with Daniel.  I know it's been a few days but I was still feeling under the weather and betrayed so I isolated myself from everyone even Malik and he's the owner of this house, this very room I've been in for the past three days. That wasn't really hard to do since he was always working.

After spending hours of crying on Malik's shoulder with him trying his best to comfort me anyway he could. It so happened that Malik offered me a place to stay since I didn't want to go back to the apartment Daniel and I shared. 

I knew I shouldn't have moved in with Daniel! I knew I shouldn't have given up my apartment! and most importantly I knew I shouldn't have trusted a Daniel. I mean what made him different from any other man out there.

I was curled up in bed restricted by the confines of the thick comforter snuggled around my body. A deep exasperated sigh escaped my lips as my phone rang for the millionth time today, and just like the others I decided to ignore this one too. It was most likely Daniel's no-good-low-down-cheating-ass trying to get a hold of me or the possibility that it could be one of Daniel's sisters or Ms. Justine or even my friends but I really wasn't in the frame of mind to communicate with anyone.

My phone was constantly going off and no matter how much I tried to ignore it and hope that they wouldn't call back it would just continue doing so.
Within the first 48 hours of the incident I received 48 calls, 22 messages and 17 voicemails  from Daniel alone and since the the numbers have only begin to increase.
.

No heroes, villains, one to blame
While wilted roses filled the stage
And the thrill, the thrill is gone
Our debut was a masterpiece
But in the end for you and me
Oh, the show, it can't go on

We used to have it all, but now's our curtain call
So hold for the applause, oh
And wave out to the crowd, and take our final bow
Oh, it's our time to go, but at least we stole the show
Least we stole the show