27 - Too Late?

It was 7pm when Jungkook finally left the law firm, Seokjin and Lena had departed two hours ago since they were able to get all their work done on time. After Jungkook locked up he stood motionless, gazing up at the several stars shining in the darkening skies above him, with a heavy sigh he critiszised those stars that were incredibly dull compared the dazzling twinkles Jimin always carried in his two brown orbs. 

Jungkook had buried the saddening memory of being the person that created tears in the beautiful smaller males lovely eyes when he told him he was just a fling the rest of the day."Why the fuck did I say that? He probably hates me now! He didn't deserve that, why the fuck are things getting so complicated?" Jungkook said closing his eyes trying to push the mental image as far from his mind as possible and finally after collecting himself he continued to make his way towards his car because he needed to pick up his son from the Lee's home. 

Taemin opened the door to his house to find Jungkook standing there, he looked exhausted, distraught and filled with confliction. "Everything okay?" Taemin questioned getting a nod from Jungkook and a forced smile, clearly he didn't want to get into it and the older male wasn't going to force him. "So something happened earlier that you need to know about." Taemin told the younger who grew concerned, worried that Jaehyun got hurt or caused trouble to the nice family. 

Taemin directed Jungkook to take a seat in the living room and he followed after. "It's nothing serious, everyone is okay now, but Jaehyun had a little outburst and something that Junsu did triggered him." Taemin started as he explained to Jungkook the reason for his child to become agitated and overwhelmed with everything going on around him, and the younger father felt like shit, ashamed that he let his personal life burden his only child.  

Jungkook apologized to Taemin and hid his face into his palms to released his pent of frustrated tears, everything felt like it was crumbling around him, and Jungkook felt like his dating life was pure trash and his parenting skills were not good enough. "Everyone has their off days Jungkook, it's natural that things don't go the way we plan them but it's obvious how much you're trying. Parenting isn't easy, I can't image doing it alone and trying to find love at your young age of 28."

Jungkook felt Taemin set his hand over his shoulder, rubbing it to console him while he drowned in the endless responsibilities that weighed on him. "Don't be so hard on yourself because you're already doing a good job with him. Jae is a great kid, he has his heart in the right place but he just needs a little more guidance. He's growing, changing and developing some feelings that might seem foreign to him." Taemin stated with a big smile.   

Jungkook brought his face up to see Taemin who was chuckling because of his confused expression. "I'll let him explain that part, come on they are upstairs, probably still working on assignments because they needed a break earlier." Taemin expressed to Jungkook as he lead the way towards the hall, up the stairs and stopping when they reached Junsu's room where the door was wide open. 

Sitting at the desk was Jaehyun and Junsu holding hands as the discussed the work on the papers in front of them, too immersed in what the other had to say to even noticed the two men standing at the doorway. Jungkook arched an eyebrow at Taemin who just smiled, he leaned in to knock on the wooden door making the young boys glance over in their direction, "Hey appa!" Jaehyun greeted his father as he stepped forward into the room. 

Jungkook noticed Junsu trying to take his small hand away from Jaehyun but despite the tugging he was doing the other boy had a tight grip and all he could do was giggle and give up in defeat. Jaehyun also picked up the possessive trait from his father and after yelling at Junsu and making him feel bad he didn't want to part from him, reminding him of how much he appreciated his support and friendship.