Part IX

Their tendency to be where you don't expect them to be makes them so dangerously intriguing

~~

"Cat got your tongue, sweetheart?"

"Jin!" "Mi!"

The second you open the penthouse door, you're running towards each other, laughing joyfully. Jin flings his arms around you and pulls you into a bonecrushing hug, both of you a little out of breath.

"Ah, sis, I missed you", Jin sighs happily. "Me you too", you smiled widely and let him go, "I saw earlier that you'd arrived at the airport and- oh gosh, your hair!"

As brilliantly blonde as it had been on the news, it was a vibrant, glossy pink now; complimenting your brothers flushed cheeks and handsome face, eyes sparkling behind his big round glasses. Jin grinned and ruffled it.

"Like it? Father wasn't too pleased, but the new role specifically required it" "I like it, but why was it blonde earlier?" you questioned, taking off your shoes and coat and placing them in the hallway cabinet.

"I only just got back from the hairdressers, Mi", Jin explained, following you as you started to walk towards the living room, "So it hasn't been pink for very-"

"Mi Cha!" your mother came rushing out of the lounge, smiling, "How are you? Happy to see your brother again, hmm, pumpkin?"

"Very happy, mom", you smiled back and hugged her, "And the pink suits him well, in my opinion".

"Ah, yes, that", your father followed, sending you a loving smile and Jin a stern glance, "Well, just don't you do the same, you have such beautiful hair already. Seokjin is just misfortunate with his role".

Jin rolled his eyes while you laughed, walking over to hug your father as well. "Don't worry, I don't plan on it. I like my hair the way it is" "Such strong and healthy hair", your mother echoed after you in a confirming fashion, but grinned as she saw your brothers expression, "Come on, into the living room, we have some news".

You looked over at Jin, questioning, but he looked just as puzzled as you were. While chatting to your father, telling him what he wanted to know about your work, you sat down on the couch, waiting for your mother to announced whatever they had planned.

She looked extremely satisfied with herself as she sat down next to Seokjin, handing you a glass of water from the side table. Expectant, you looked over at her, not aware of the storm about to crash over you.

"So, Seokjin, Mi Cha, we were thinking about a celebration", your mother stated, smiling secretively, "Since Seokjin here finally has some time to spend with us, and you're starting off your new work so well, we want to throw a small get-together".

"Ah", you hummed, not showing that you felt a little uneasy. Your mother's "small get-togethers" usually resulted in large festivities with many of your fathers business-partners and their families attending. You always felt out of place since you hardly knew anyone, resulting in you following your mother or sibling around all evening.

"We originally intended to hold it at a venue in the city, but", she paused dramatically and winked at you, "Someone kindly offered us to hold it at their mansion outside of town, and since we were inviting him anyway, we obviously agreed".

The uneasiness in your stomach was growing larger and you set down your glass, looking at her with your eyebrows furred worriedly. "Who do you mean?"

No second after, the sound of the doorbell rang through the house and your mother's face lit up. "He's here already! You'll see in a second, Mi Cha", she said, hurriedly getting up and leaving the room to greet the mystery guest.