Part VIII

The more you think about love, the less you will understand

~~

"See you tomorrow"

"Wait, wait, wait! You let him kiss you?" Hoseok's shriek made you quickly hold the phone further away from your ear, grimacing, "He drove you home and you let him kiss you?!"

"Yes, Hoseok!" lodging the phone between your shoulder and ear, you threw a slab of chocolate – scratch that, two – into the basket, "He kissed me! After refusing to go out with his fiancée, who clearly would not have minded the attention!"

"This is just as scandalous as I anticipated", Hoseok sounded amused, making you sigh impatiently, "Honestly, write whatever happens down and send it in as a script. I'm sure it would make an amazing drama".

"Not the time, Hobi".

"Sorry, ma'am", you heard him shift a little, and the sound of his dog barking added in the background, "On a more serious note, he didn't take advantage of you or anything, right? Like, you weren't drunk?"

"No, not at all. I double checked when I got home, I didn't touch any alcohol", biting your lip, you headed towards the next aisle, "I just don't understand why he would kiss me-"

"Mi Cha?"

Oh holy crappedy crap!

You jumped and spun around at the sound of the deep voice, phone clattering to the floor, Hoseok's voice being cut off. Behind you stood a young man with brown bangs, dressed in casual jeans and shirt, looking both surprised and amused.

"Taehyung!" you gasped, just as surprised but also strangely relieved. He grinned, picking up your phone and handing it to you. 

"Hello Mi Cha. Sorry for scaring you like that".

"I-It's fine", you stuttered, taking the phone from him, "Just give me a - Yes, Hoseok? You still there? Yeah, sorry, I need to go. I'll call you back in a minute, bye!"

Ignoring Hobi's confused yells, you hung up, taking a deep breath and facing Taehyung again.

The brunet was still grinning, hands stuffed in the pockets of his jeans. His eyes sparkled playfully at you. "Was that your boyfriend? If so, I don't want to hinder a conversation between you two you know..."

"Oh, no, Hoseok is just a good friend of mine", you answered, stowing the phone back in your bag, "It's fine, he'll call back before I can, he's like that".

"I see", Taehyung's eyes travelled over your ensemble shortly before landing back on your face, "I'm surprised to see you here. Shouldn't you still be at work with Jimin?"

Your jaw clenched at the name. "I was let out earlier today", you said carefully, "Jimin's been out of office all day... and yesterday too..."

Silence spread between you, and you looked at him awkwardly. He didn't seem disturbed by the lack of conversation, instead he was calmly observing you, head tilted to one side. You wondered what he was thinking.

"Well... I should get going", you broke the quiet, giving him a polite smile. He blinked a few times, then smiled too. "Right, sorry for keeping you. Oh, uhm, by the way..."

He dug his fingers into one of the pockets, withdrawing a piece of paper. A number was written across it in neat handwriting. "I wanted to give this to you on Sunday, but you were gone so quickly that I didn't have chance. If you ever need help figuring out Jimin – I know he can be difficult to understand sometimes – or simply want to talk about art and life in general, just text me".