Part V

The hardest thing is pretending that nothing happened, even though everyone knows that something did

~~

"Just forget that".

Nervousness was pulsing through you as you cautiously stepped into the office the next morning. Your stomach lurched as you spotted Jimin, leaning casually against your desk with his arms crossed, observing you with an unreadable stare.

"Good morning, Mi Cha", he greeted you, a smile on his lips. You swallowed, closing the doors behind you, determined not to show how unsure you felt as you approached him.

"Good morning, Jimin", you replied, forcing a smile, hoping the confusion wouldn't seep through your words. Avoiding his eye, you walked over to your desk and hung your blazer over the chair.

"We have a meeting today", his voice made you look up, surprised. "We do? I didn't see anything on the planner until next week...".

"The meeting with Kim Enterprises been moved", Jimin answered, tapping his fingers on the glass surface, "Can you get everything ready for it and be in the lobby in ten minutes?"

"Sure", you headed to the cabinet, feeling his gaze on you. Back rotated to him, you pulled out the necessary files and flipped through them, checking everything was there just in case.

What you didn't expect was Jimin suddenly being closer to you as you turned back to your desk. He was no longer casually leaning against it, but standing and staring you in the eyes, no two meters away.

Damn it. Your eyes widened and you instinctively took a half-step back. The sunlight from the windows illuminated his most prominent features, sharp jaw and big eyes, not to mention those sinfully full lips.

You could almost feel them back on yours, encompassing them completely. Without thinking you bit your lower lip, trying to look anywhere but his piercing eyes. The simple thought of what had happened was making your cheeks flush pink, and you were bent on trying to avoid it.

A satisfied smile crept onto his face.

You blinked, sure you were imagining the underlying smugness of his expression. Yet he still didn't tear his eyes from you, didn't do anything to break eye contact. You felt your cheeks turn a shade darker, hardly noticing how hard you were digging your teeth into your lip.

"Mi Cha, didn't I tell you not to do that?"

His voice startled you, deeper than usual, insanely smooth. You looked back at him, shocked, only to notice how his eyes had narrowed and there was a darker glint in them.

Beginning to stutter as you finally comprehended what he'd said, you managed to let your own lip go. "S-Sorry", your cheeks were bright red, voice slightly uncontrolled, "I... I didn't notice".

There it was. The same tension that had almost suffocated you last night had returned, now in the office and with a meeting waiting, opposite the man that had confused you so badly last night.

You were sure he could feel it too. The moments seemed to drag on, both of you not really breaking eye contact, more like him letting his gaze flitter to different parts of your face every few seconds. As if he was reassuring himself of something.

And suddenly it was gone again. The wave of tension that had swept over the room left as quickly as it had come, and you didn't even realise why until you heard him snap his fingers in an effort to get your attention.

"Mi Cha? We need to go", Jimin looked almost amused, lips lifted into a half smile as you stuttered, embarrassed, "No worry, just go down to the lobby and take your coat with you. I'll be down in a few minutes".