Part VI

Subtlety and unplanned attacks can be their biggest weapon.

~~

"You were the naivest last night, and also now, the most confused".

Kim Enterprises was even grander and better established than Park Access, immediately making you more nervous than you already were. Both you and Jimin were lead towards the meeting, security and the CEO's secretary accompanying you.

You were silent, following Jimin, who was smiling and nodding at the things the secretary was informing him about. You couldn't stop thinking about what had happened in the car, couldn't stop thinking about his words and touches. 

They seemed to linger on your skin, silently burning there, driving you insane just thinking about it. You felt unsure and exposed at the same time, glancing at Jimin's back every second or so. He'd caught you so easily with a few words and movements and that scared you.

You were finally brought into a large conference room, long table stationed in the middle of it. Standing at the side was Mr Kim, the CEO of the company, hands clasped behind his back. He was a tall and intimidating man, surprisingly ice-white hair combed back in a fashionable way, dressed in a grey suit and a pair of glasses resting on the brim of his nose.

"Mr Park", he greeted Jimin formally, extending his hand. Jimin smiled politely as they shook hands, bowing to each other. "Mr Kim, it's a pleasure to finally meet you".

"The pleasure is mine", Mr Kim examined him calmly, a smile showing on his face too. You noticed he had dimples, which suddenly made him appear softer. "Please, take a seat. Mrs Lee will be taking notes and protocolling the meeting, so we can focus on the subject matter".

You took Jimin's small nod of the head as an indication to sit beside him, handing over the documents and placing the folders before you. Mr Kim settled on the end of the table, his secretary sat next to him with pen and paper at the ready.

The woman kept glancing at Jimin, making you suddenly feel confusingly protective as you bit your lip subconsciously. You think he saw, because you caught him smirking to himself out of the corner of your eye.

The meeting wasn't anything out of the ordinary, passing faster than you had expected. It ended with a friendly handshake and smiles, promises to future cooperation. You gave Mr Kim a polite smile, and he nodded back, leaving the room with a part of his security and assistant.

"Well done, Mi Cha", Jimin said quietly, prompting you to look over at him. "Thank you, Sir, but what exactly did I do?" you asked, just as quiet, tidying up the papers and contract, "And should you be calling me that in public?"

He smiled, an expression on his face you couldn't quite read. "Oh, you had significant and well thought-out objectives, which proved to be very useful. And also", you jumped as he suddenly slid next to you, handing you a file you'd missed, "You shouldn't call me Jimin in public, but... it's no problem the other way around".

You stiffened, taking a step forwards, heart racing. "I see", you replied carefully. His eyes were glinting amused, and he tilted his head sideways, chuckling. There was a more dangerous undertone in his voice as he looked back at you.

"Should we get going, then?" he asked, unmistakably cocking a brow at you. You gulped down the nervous lump that had started forming in your throat and nodded. Almost scared of what would happen this time, you followed the rest of the security out of the room, Jimin close behind.

The car was waiting at the front, and once again you both got into the back. You didn't want to make a fuss about sitting at the front, not on a tight schedule, so you just settled back at the window. Though you were sitting the farthest away from him as you could, you felt his eyes on you, but this time you didn't give in to the temptation and looking away determinedly.