Part II

Love is a game at first, figuring out, pushing chess pieces over the board. But when the game is over, there should be two winners, not one.

~~

"May I introduce my fiancée, Song Ayako".

It was a cold morning. You wrapped the scarf loosely around the bottom part of your face and continued to walk down the street, towards the edge of the city. The river.

And there he was. You could trust him to show up at any time of the day. Hoseok stood at the railing, looking into the sunrise with a smile on his face. You quickened your steps.

"Hobi!", you called out, smiling widely, and he turned. A huge, bright grin made its way onto his lips and he ran towards you, capturing you in a tight embrace.

"Mi Mi!", he laughed, picking you up and twirling you around. You squealed, laughing breathlessly. "It's been way too long!"

Hoseok set you back down on the ground, eyes sparkling. His hair was messy, tucked under a beanie, scarf dangling down his back, expensive looking coat highlighting his shape. He was brimming with handsomeness, glowing in the morning light.

"It has!", you hugged him again, "You look amazing! Have you updated your wardrobe for the first time in a decade?".

"You're a tease, you are", Hoseok growled, playfully smacking your shoulder, "But you look healthy and- have you started wearing lipstick? Why, Miss Mi Cha, I never took you for that kind of girl".

"Ah, shut up", you rolled your eyes, "Change of subject, how was the tour? I watched as many fancams as I could!".

"It was crazy", Hoseok gushed as you walked over to one of the benches, "So many people, Mi! I didn't believe my eyes. And the screams and cheers! Ho-se-ok! Ho-se-ok!".

You grinned, sitting down. "Shouldn't it be J-HOPE! ?".

"Maybe", Hobi shrugged light heartedly, putting an arm around your shoulders, "Gosh, I can't believe it's over! It was such a great experience".

"Next time I'm coming with you", you boxed him lightly in the arm, "I'll be the loudest of all of your fans. Number one fangirl since childhood, remember?".

"No doubt in that", Hobi grinned, fighting off your fists, "But tell me, how were things with you? We only got to call each other a few times, and you just started work, didn't you?".

"Yeah", you sighed, letting off, "I'm sure you know about Park Jimin, right?" "That CEO guy?", Hobi looked curious, "Isn't he that handsome millionaire? The one the press can't stop gushing over?"

"That's him", you nodded, "I'm working as his secretary. Our dads know each other".

"That sounds scandalous", Hoseok winked at you, a glint in his eye, making you sigh in exasperation, "What's he like?".

"Nice, I guess", you shrugged, "Did you know he's going to be married soon?".

"No, I didn't", your best friends eyes were big and interested, "How do you know? You must be on good terms if he's already told you stuff like that".

You smiled doubtfully. "We're on first name basis, but that's not how I know. On my first day of work his fiancée came into the office to see him, apparently. Her name is Song Ayako".

"Song?", Hoseok furrowed his brows, "Isn't she the daughter of actor Song Taeyong and his wife from Japan?" "I think so", you looked out onto the river, "Would explain why they're getting married. Two famous, successful people...".