seven

season one episode one & two ; rising . . .

part seven . . .

several levels below stargate operations . . .

control spire . . .

the lost city of atlantis . . .

lantea . . .

the pegasus galaxy . . .

Elizabeth and John joined Sumner two floors down. Sumner was standing at the bottom of the stairs.

"We've only been able to secure a fraction of the place. It's huge." Sumner explained.

"So it might really be the lost city of Atlantis?" Elizabeth asked hopefully.

"I'd say that's a good bet." Sumner led them to a large glass window just as Jay and Evan came down the stairs. They slowed, seeing the window.

"Oh, my God." Elizabeth gawked. The window showed a scene of green murky water, sunlight barely peeking out of the top of the ocean, and below them could see dozens, possibly hundreds of tall spiral buildings that spanned outwards from the tower they were in. "We're underwater." Rodney came up behind them just then, speaking and not noticing the window the five of them were openly gawking at.

"Colonel, MJ, Evan, Doctor Weir-" Rodney was saying, even as John interrupted him sounding excited.

"We're underwater."

"Yes, I was just coming to tell you." Rodney agreed. "Fortunately, there's some sort of a force field holding back the w..." He slowed to a stop beside Jay and Evan, looking out the window at the scene. "...water. Oh, that is impressive, isn't it?" Rodney shook his head, remembering why he came down to find them. "Uh, Doctor Beckett has found something you should, uh, see."

hologram room . . .

control spire . . .

the lost city of atlantis . . .

lantea . . .

the pegasus galaxy . . .

Carson is standing at a tall interactive console in front of a holographic ancient woman who is talking when Elizabeth, Rodney, John, Jay, Evan and Sumner enter the room.

"...in the hope of spreading new life in a galaxy where there appeared to be none. Soon, the new life grew and prospered. Here..." The woman spoke. Carson spoke over her to the group.

"It's a hologram. The recording loops. This is my second time through." Carson explained.

"What have we missed?" Jay asked curiously.

"Not much," Carson assured.

"...exchange knowledge and friendship. In time, a thousand worlds bore the fruit of life in this form and their souls as animals like ours. Then one day, our people set foot upon a dark world where a terrible enemy slept." Overhead, an image of the galaxy appeared with individual star systems lighting up. "Never before had we encountered beings with powers that rivalled our own. In our overconfidence, we were unprepared and outnumbered. The enemy fed upon the defenceless human worlds like a great scourge, until finally, only Atlantis remained." The stars turn red, showing the spread of the 'terrible enemy' throughout the galaxy. "This city's great shield was powerful enough to withstand their terrible weapons, but here we were besieged for many years. In an effort to save the last of our kind, we submerged our great city into the ocean. The Atlantis Stargate was the one and only link back to Earth from this galaxy, and those who remained used it to return to that world that was once home. There, the last survivors of Atlantis lived out the remainder of their lives. This city was left to slumber, in the hope that our kind would one day return." The hologram stopped then, and Carson stepped away from the console and the woman disappeared.