Chapter 78 - "My happy place!"

Nandini had fallen unconscious once again. The doctors immediately did her check up. We were told she fainted out of exhaustion and stress. They injected some medicines and asked us to let her rest for a while. We were all now sat outside in the waiting area.

"Harshad!" I stated.

"Harshad? What do you mean by Harshad? Uss kaminay kaa name kyun lai rahe ho?" Cabir said with anger visible in his voice.

"It's Harshad Cabir! It's Harshad! The person who attacked Nandini!" I stated with irritation.

"Manik how can you be so sure?" Navya questioned.

"Navya, Nandini clearly kept saying har! And she doesn't have any enemies. She's such a pure soul! Harshad is taking revenge on her, she saved Mukti from him and because of that he was expelled from college also. And moreover he knows that Nandini means everything to me and in order to hurt me the most, he decided to hurt Nandini. It all makes sense!" I explained it all.

"Manik what you're saying is right but we can't just blame him like that without any proof. We have to wait for Nandini to tell us!" Cabir said.

"Cabir is right Manik. We can't just put the blame on him like that even though we know how bad he is!" Navya too sided with Cabir.

"I don't know guys. I have a strong feeling that Harshad is behind this. He is much more than capable of playing such cheap games!" I said with anger. Just then my phone rang and I immediately picked it up.

"Bhai! Bhai why is Nandini not picking her phone up? Bhai please I think she's in trouble bhai! Please go to her house and find out bhai...." Mukti spoke straight away. Panic was evident in her voice.

"Mukku calm down!" I immediately said as I was struggling to figure out what she was saying.

"Bhai I can't calm down! Bhai Nandini.... she's in trouble!" Mukti stated.

"Mukti what do you mean? Listen calmly please. Where are you right now? And who are you with?" I was shocked at what Mukti was saying. I immediately put the phone on speaker so Cabir and Navya could hear the conversation too.

"Bhai I.. I'm at Abhi's house. He's here with me!" Mukti replied.

"Acha put it on speaker." I said trying my best to remain calm. What did Mukti have to say about Nandini?

"Manik it is on speaker." She replied.

"Okay listen Nandini's phone is with me. It's switched off due to low battery. She's fine. We are here at the hospital!" I told her.

"The hospital? Bhai what are you doing at the hospital? Bhai aap theek to ho naa? And Nandini? Is she okay bhai?" She loaded me with questions. I knew this would happen and that's why I had to make sure she wasn't by herself when she found out about Nandini.

"Mukku I'm fine. Actually Nandini got attacked by someone and we've had to bring her to hospital!" I told her.

"I knew it! Bhai why didn't you inform us?" Mukti said straight away.

"One minute! What do you mean by you knew it?" Cabir questioned.

"Cabir I just got a call from Harshad right now and he said that he's back. He's back in our lives to haunt us again and this time Nandini is his first victim. Bhai I wasn't sure if he was being serious or not so I tried to ring Nandini, and when she didn't pick up after several rings, I knew something was wrong and that's why I rang you!" Mukti spoke rapidly. She was really tensed, it was visible in her voice!